*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013178-Omniverse-Romance-Season-One-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #2013178
A multiple fanfic chapter where Ben and Rook are dating. This is Chapter 2
WARNING! This is a Ben and Rook romance story. Meaning that Ben and Rook are DATING! Dating as in they are in a romantic relationship! Meaning Ben and Rook, who are two GUYS, are going to KISS each other on the LIPS! (they won't kiss yet but they will later in another chapter) If you do NOT like this kind of story then that is ok. All you have to do is click on the back space on your entertainment device and you are home free. You can not say I didn't warn you.
Ben 10 (c) 'Man of Action' Team
Ben as Ben: "Hi, I'm Ben 10."
Ben in Alien form: "Hi, I'm Ben 10."
Omniverse Romance Season One

Chapter Two: Just a Tiny Spark

 
         “If the first bomb is set off at a intergalactic toilet emporium store and not at a bank or a highly populated area then that would mean they are targeting intergalactic stores… Yes Magister?... I shall Magister Tennyson, Rook Blonko out.”
         The communicator turned it-self off as Rook makes a turn on another street.
         Rook Blonko is a green horn from the planet Revonnah. And as of now, he is on his first mission as an official Plumber.
         ‘If criminals are aiming at stores that are not originally part of earth, then that could mean they want something that is not from earth, but what would criminals want from a bathroom store?’ thought Rook.
         He pulled his Proto-TRUK, a highly advanced space vehicle that is also modified by rook, to the side of the road to fully think about the problem. ‘If I went to any intergalactic store that is in Bellwood what would I steal?’
         The more he thought about it, the more his face scrunched up from the very thought of stealing.
         “Come on, think,” Rook said to him-self. “You are not really going to steal anything. Even if it would be easier buy the items, the criminals…”
         His eyes grew wide suddenly. “TAYDENITE!”
         Rook jumps out of his truck and runs to the back and opens the cargo like doors of his vehicle. Inside the moving-like truck was the main computer that is built-in the Proto-TRUK.
         “That has to be it,” he said as he accessed his computer. “They did not steal lavatory items, they are more likely to steal the taydenite.”
         On screen is a map of every store in Bellwood, including Undertown, that would have access to the taydenite.
         “There are a number of places in Undertown that holds taydenite, but it is very populated meaning a lot of witnesses to their crime,” Rook conversed with him-self as he continued to type. “So the criminals would more then likely keep their targets in Bellwood. While Bellwood it self is highly populated it is less condensed then Undertown.”
         On his new screen are the locations of stores in Bellwood.
         “Four total,” Rook continued. “Two of the stores closed down the past two weeks from accidental gas explosions,” as he read from the report on screen, “and that is the location of the lavatory store. So the only place left is-”
---

         “Mr. Baumann’s Galaxy Shop and Delivery.”
         Ben was inside the store, reading the sign.
         “Man, lets hope I don’t break anything again. Now where is… There he is,” Ben said happily when he spotted Mr. Baumann stacking some soda cans.
         Ben walked up to him.
         “Alright Mr. Baumann. What do you know?”
---

         Max walked down the hall way toward his office as he looked through some files. Now that he had assigned Rook as a new partner to Ben, he now needed to evaluate a couple more new recruits that would be arriving in a couple of weeks.
         “James Smith,” Max read to him-self, “Galactic Nationality: Earth. Nationality on Home Planet: American. Galactic Race: Earthling/Homo sapien. Race on Home Planet: Caucasian. Ethnicity: English, French, Native American, American, Japanese, Scottish, Italian. Home town: New York. Hight: 5ft 6in. Age: 17. Hair Color: Purple. Eye Color: Dull Green. Current Training Location: Galvan Prime.”
         The senior did a double take and reread the file as he entered his office, “Well that’s new. Didn’t think it was even possible to get training on Galvan.”
         “Now Master Tennyson,” said a man with a British accent, “you should know better then anyone that anything is possible.”
         Max looked up from the files to see a man sitting at his desk wearing a type of clothing that could be recognized as a steam punk look.
         “Its good to see you again, Max,” the British man said with a smile.
         The Magister could only stare at the stranger with a puzzled look.
         “Who are you,” he finally asked.
         “Oh! My apologies Mr. Tennyson,” he said calmly still with a smile, “I hadn’t considered this to be our first possible meeting in this time line, but you may have heard of me.”
         Max kept his eyes in the visiter as the man got up and walked towards him, hand extended in greeting.
         “I’m Professor Paradox. A friend and ally to your grandson, Ben.”
         “Indeed I have,” Max said, shoulders visibly relaxing as he grasped Paradox’s hand to return the greeting. “Ben has told me about you. And how you rarely show up for a social call.”
         The Professor gave a light chuckle to the comment, “Very true, a lot is happening in the space time continuum, so it is only natural that the time I spend is used for a purpose and to its maximum.”
         The oldest looking of the two gave an understanding nod, “Is there anything we can do to help?”
         “Why yes,” Paradox said with a smile as he retook his seat, “If you have time, you can keep me company. I’ve been sitting here for three minutes and I’m about to go bloody mad with cabin fever.”
         “Wait,” Max said with a confused look. “Why were you waiting in my office for three minutes? Ben said you can travel through time, so why not just... travel through time?”
         “Very observant, Magister Tennyson,” The Professor said happily. “Just to get everything out of the way, my plan is to sit here for about ten minutes or so and to why your office? I need the compony, it’s been a millennium since I had to wait in one spot for any length of time. Hopefully you being here will help make the waiting go by faster.”
         “Ah huh,” he said simply as he sat in the main chair across from Paradox. “And why do you need to wait in one spot?”
         “Spoilers,” the Time Walker said in a sly grin.
         Max couldn’t help but chuckle to that. Ben did say ‘spoilers’ is a common answer with the professor.
         “Now lets see,” Paradox said thoughtfully. “A conversation topic that keeps both parties engaged. Hum... no, too advanced,” he said quietly to him-self. “Ugh, too boring for me.”
         Max let the man have his thoughts wondering what he would choose.
         “Ah!” the Professor said happily with his thoughts. “How are Ben and Rook doing on their dating relationship?”
         “Dating?” Max asked confused. He didn’t have a problem with people who dated the same gender, but the question the Time Walker asked didn’t seem to fit with his grandson. Even more so when Ben and Rook hadn’t met yet.
         “Of course,” replied Paradox. “I am very certain that I’m still in the time line...” he then furrowed his brows in thought.
         “Wait,” he said before an annoyed look appeared on his face. “You weren’t supposed to know that yet. Curse you Cabin Fever.”
         The Magister didn’t know react to this or even process the information. He knew his grandson well over the years and never once did the teen show any interest to the subject.
         “I apologize, Max,” said the Time Walker, a bit embarrassed of having a loose lip, “I didn’t mean to surprise you on that topic. Obviously, you can not tell anyone what you just heard. If the info travels through the ‘gossip chain’ too soon, then it could very well stunt any chance that young Ben and Rook have together, wether it be just friends or lovers. And this can effect multiple timelines that we are currently in very badly.”
         The Grandfather just sighed tiredly as he relaxed his body against the chair. Life of the Tennysons, it’s never boring.
         “It’s alright,” Max said a bit amused, “I’m honestly surprised to be... well... surprised by Ben when I shouldn’t be.” Indeed he shouldn’t be when it came to his grandson, even with this sudden bit of news. But then again Ben is still a teen, an age were the youths are still finding out more about ones-self and personalities still developing.
         The grandfather gave a chuckled sigh as he looked to his guest, “So. Ben and Rook. I honestly wouldn’t have seen it coming.”
         Paradox gave a chuckle to the comment, “They didn’t see it coming either, and it starts today with just a tiny spark.”
---

         “Now! Really?” Ben said to the timed out Omnitrix, ‘Well this is just great! The stupid watch timed out, the bad guys are getting away. I still didn’t get anything to eat and to top it off there’s a bomb about to go off! What else is going to rune my mood?’
         “Isn’t this the part where your friends save the day?” Mr. Baumann asked sarcastically.
         Ben’s heart fell a nudge. ‘Oh yeah. I’m alone now.’
         What happens next only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to take Ben’s breath away.
         Ben was looking at Mr. Baumann when the guy wearing a hood of some sort and red baseball cap suddenly shoot out of his chair and jumped over Ben, discarding the hood and cap while doing so. Ben’s world seemed to freeze just a moment as the stranger soured over him. He couldn't take his eyes off the newcomer, taking in as much detail as he could in surprised fascination.
         The alien suit the guy was wearing hugged the body in all the right places, but still left things to the imagination. Ben could tell that he was athletic and strong, but what caught Ben’s attention the most were his eyes.
         They were… They were… Ben didn’t know what to think. They were focused. They were calculating. They were confident. They were strong. Pick any positive adjective in the known universes and it would be it. And the black markings around the off-worlder’s sunset colored eyes only brighten the eye colors greatly.
         And to soon for Ben’s liking, the world’s time flowed normal again and the lavender furred alien landed and ran to the crooks. All the teen could do was stare with his mouth open, not even hearing Mr. Baumann’s words.
---

         One archer shoot and amazing back flip later, Ben was still in a slight daze of what happen.
         “Who are you?” At least he still had his voice.
         “Rook Blonko. Magister Tennyson sent me.”
         That snapped Ben’s mind back into place, “Grandpa?”
         ‘Why did Grandpa-’ Ben noticed the Chicken Alien about to grab Rook from behind. And before Ben could give any warning, Rook suddenly did a front flip in place resulting a foot in the face and the Chicken went down.
         “I am your new partner,” said Rook.
         “My new-? I-I don’t want a new partner,” Ben said quickly, fighting down the strange swelling in his chest. “No offense, but I’m Ben Tennyson.”
         “Yes I know,” Rook replied with an excited smile. “It is an honor to be working with you, sir.”
         Ben could swear that his own body was trying to choke him as he stared at the person in front of him.
         “Wielder of the Omnitrix,” he continued trying to distract him-self as he held the watch up to show Rook. “See. I’ve saved the universe, like, a billon times.”
         “I am well aware,” the green horn replied, still smiling. “It is required study at the Plumber’s academe.”
         Ben’s eyes widened and his feelings about Rook completely vanished at the prospect of a class about him.
         “Really,” Ben asked surprised, his curiosity making the strange feeling in his chest disappear. “There’s a whole class about me?”
         “Chapter and a half,” Rook said simply.
         “Oh,” the teen replied only a tad disappointed. “Well as cool as it was to see you kick those guys’ butts, I was kinda looking forward to being on my own now. You under stand right? I have things under control here.”
         Rook examines around the area and sees all the damages that was caused by Ben before Rook stepped in. Ben looks around also ‘O Mr. Baumann is going to skin me.’
         “My mistake, I thought you did not,” he said in a genuine apologetic tone. “I only waited to see if you needed my assistance.”
         Ben was taken back a little. Usually people will throw a bit of sarcasm at him, but Rook’s reply was polite, and for some reason that irked him a little. Was it because Rook was treating him like… Well, Ben 10.
         Before Ben could think more on the subject, he saw two of the goons get up to make a break for it.
         “Don’t stop now!” Ben said as he brought the watch up. “The Omnitrix is still timed out.”
         “Oh! Sorry, sir.”
         Rook fired a net from his weapon to pin all three crooks while Ben had that irk again. It was definitely from Rook seeing Ben as a superior, if the ‘sirs’ give any indications to it.
         “Not bad,” said Ben. “But you know, I bet anybody could do that if they had one of those gun/bow/net launching things.”
         He wanted to smack his hand to his face after saying that. Ben knew he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box when it came to identifying alien tech and he wasn’t afraid to admit that. He just didn’t want to make him-self a total idiot in front of people.
         “It is called the Proto-Tool,” Rook said happily, perking up from Ben mentioning his tech, “the most versatile tech in the known universe. I even made some special modification my-self it-”
         The young hero stared blankly at the greenhorn, trying to process his words but only catching bits and pieces.
         “Does it have a mute button,” Ben asked sarcastically and then froze after realizing he unintentionally made a rude comment to Rook.
         Rook had a confused look on his face “Sir?”
         The watch wielder wasn’t sure what to do, when the Omnitrix suddenly gave a beeping noise to indicate it was fully charged.
         “Oh! Look at that! My watch timed in,” Ben said quickly, showing the gadget on his arm to not only to distract Rook, but him-self as well, from his unexpected comment. “I better disarm this bomb now.” He quickly scrolled through the images, grateful the alien time bomb hadn’t gone off yet, and randomly selected an alien. “Here we go!”
         The moment Ben slapped his wrist a bright green light erupted and he began to morph into the alien he picked… or thought he picked.
         When the light faded, Ben had transformed into a lego-block like alien that he never seen before.
         “Ok. Not what I was going for.” Ben looked at the force field that surrounded the active bomb, “but it’ll have to do. Maybe this guy has more strength then Cannonblot.
         The hero then started using his lego fist to rapidly punch the shield protecting the bomb. The force field didn’t give an inch as he continued his assault, making his hands break apart brick-by-brick.
         Ben immediately stopped his attack after realizing he didn’t have any fists to attack with. Luckily, before he had a panic attack of his missing limbs, his body instantly rebuilt his hands.
         “Ok, I did not see that coming,” he said with a surprised look. ‘At lest this guy has regenerating powers.
         The blocky alien looked at the bomb again, ‘this isn’t going to work,’ he thought. ‘I can already tell the form I’m using isn’t a tech alien and I don’t know if I have enough time to switch an alien much less an alien I need. Maybe…
         Ben turned to Rook, the off-worlder watching him attentively, and in his hands was the Proto-Tool.
         ‘Rook did say he modified that thing him-self. So maybe-!
         He didn’t have time to finish when Ben noticed the three crooks starting to brake through the net behind Rook. Those guys were their only lead to the hideout and the teen would have to act fast to prevent them from escaping.
         “Hey Rook! Tag out!
---

         Rook gave a confused look when he heard Ben’s order. He knew of the Earth game tag, but he wasn’t sure how tagging someone would help in this situation.
         “Sir?”
         “It means switch places,” rephrased Ben. “I need you to disable the force field for me, I’ll take care of those guys.” Rook turned to where Ben was pointing seeing the low lives starting to brake from the net.
         “Understood,” replied Rook as he and Ben took action.
         He examined the timer seeing that they were still good, but not by much. He then started to see if there were any weak points in the force field, while also coming up with a plan if he could not disable it.
         “What are you doing?” Asked Ben. “Use your Tecno-thingey!
         “Proto-Tool,” corrected Rook.
         “Whatever!
         That acutely gave Rook an idea, hopefully the storeowner will forgive him for what he was about to do, as he got stood up and aimed at the wall of the store with his Proto-Tool.
         “No! What are you doing?” asked Mr. Baumann.
         Rook took out a small grenade-missile from one of his many utility pockets and placed it at the end of his Proto-Tool. He then fired his weapon causing a large hole in the wall.
         “The shield fluctuation uses a B-carats algorithm, I can not break the code in time,” Rook explained to both Ben and the storeowner. “We need to detonate it outside of the populous.”
         “Speak English!” said Ben as the crooks tried to brake out of the dome shaped Segmentasapien.
         “Help me move it outside,” he rephrased while pointing to the large hole in the wall.
         Having no choice, Ben released the three criminals and ran to the time bomb. Picking up the bomb, both he and Rook ran through the opening. Before Ben could throw it, Rook stopped him and started scanning the area.
         “Rook, please don’t see this as being rude, but I don’t like this game of hot potato right now. Please Hurry!” Ben said urgently.
         “No sentient live in the area,” confirmed Rook. “You are clear to throw it.”
         Suddenly the crooks opened fired on Rook and Ben from the mouth of the hole. Rook covered Ben’s back by returning fire, giving Ben enough time to chunk the bomb into the abandoned building next to the store.
         Two seconds later, all Rook could see was flying debris coming at him from the explosion. He was about to brace him-self from the rubble when Ben used his Sepmentasapien body to form a protective dome around him.
         Rook wouldn’t say he was surprised but he was touched by the action Ben did to protect him. To him right know, Ben was truly a hero of the galaxy and Rook can’t wait to learn more about him.
---

         After the explosion settled, Ben reverted back to himself and looked at Rook.
         “Are you Okay?” asked Ben.
         “Proto-Tech Armor,” Rook said happily and then put his hand on Ben’s shoulder. “But it was very nice you to try and save me. Thanks partner.”
         Ben blushed a little as his heart picked up from either the comment or the hand on his shoulder he was not sure, he just hope Rook didn’t notice.
         “Don’t mention it,” said Ben as he moved Rook’s hand from his shoulder. “And we’re not partners,” Ben stated as an after thought. “I work alone know.”
         Ben saw the slightly sadden look of Rook’s face making him felt he just kicked a puppy. “Yes sir,” said Rook.
         There was that irk again! ‘Ok time to get rid of that word!’
         “Call me Ben, dude.”
         Rook seemed to brighten from Ben’s words.
         “Ok, Ben-dude.”
         Ben was about to correct Rook when he noticed the crooks from earlier recovered from the blast and started hightailing to the bombsight. Ben and Rook proceeded after them to the crater and chased them into a tunnel that was opened from the blast.
         Ben, at point, lost sight of them when the goons rounded a corner. Luckily the tunnel didn’t have any other pathways but when Ben rounded the corner he skidded to a stop at what he saw.
         “Now way,” he said in disbelief.
         If front of him was an entire town right under Bellwood.
         “When did this happen?” Ben asked himself as Rook ran past him.
         “Guess I’ll find out later,” he said again and followed Rook into the town.
Notes

Thank you for reading Omniverse Romance Season One Chapter Two. If you see any grammatical Errors that I may have missed Please let me know. And if you have any helpful advice on how to improve my writing or see a better way to re-write a paragraph to make a more enjoyable reading experience please let me know :D (this way also helps me to improve too). I hope you have a wonderful day and keep a look out for the next chapter :D.
© Copyright 2014 Wondrous Mind (wondrous_mind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013178-Omniverse-Romance-Season-One-Chapter-2