*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013690-The-Closet
Rated: E · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #2013690
Two kids hide away from the people trying to find them.
“No one will find us in here,” I whispered to my buddy to the right of me. It was dark and humid from the heavy breathing we were giving off. The only sounds I could hear were the breathing and the footsteps beneath and above us. I had no vision of what was going on and was frightened to see if he would find me. We would barely talk and had little chance to.
“Are we going to live?” Jason said rigidly said.
“Yeah,” I said in a confident matter even though it was a little chance to survive. The feeling of blood circulating in me would be faster and faster every time the footsteps would come closer. They would yell Jason’s name periodically.
“We won’t hurt you,” they said in a kind tone, but the laugh at the end made me angry as if they want you to know they were lying. Finally the footsteps were in our room and the light cut on, and I could see it in the crack under the door. It was such an abnormal thing to see after being in that dark enclosed area for so long.
“Jason,” they said in a mocking matter with the laughter at the end.
“Can you come out?” they exclaimed.
Sweat dripping off my forehead, and my hands clutched together while trying to look at Jason’s face. His face was just a blank stare at the door in front of us while little tears coming from eyes.


© Copyright 2014 Brandonv (brandonvvv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013690-The-Closet