*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013694-Running-Does-Nothing
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #2013694
She ran all night only to find out her effort was for nothing.
An echo crawled through the empty hallways of the abandoned house. It was a simple cry of the wind, with the creak of a rusted door hinge. Even with all the diminutive sounds, it made the only living being cringe in fear.

“Out of all the places to hide…” she mumbled as she slowly made her way across the molded wood floor. “This is the first place I run to.” She bit her lower lip, which was swollen due to her continuous biting.

“Serenity…no one will find us here.” the wind howled her name, but when it went into her ears, it sounded as if the one she ran from was right behind her. Her face scowled when she heard his smile.

Her golden eyes grew wide in fear, and she decided to let her long legs due some good for a change. They took off down the hallway that lead to what seems as a back door.

The quivering of her body could not be seen due to the dark that surrounded her, but she would not accept it. Ferocious thoughts dug at her mind, screaming, “He’s here. Right there behind you. He’s back, Serenity. This time he won’t show mercy.”

Slowly, she managed to push back the thoughts as she reached for the doorknob. She twisted and turned, but alas, it was locked. Serenity’s mind turned to ultimate panic, and became conflicted as to what she should do at this point.

Shall I run back to the entrance? This house is so big—he could be anywhere! Maybe I could bust open this window? But…what if he’s out there? What if this is a trick? What have I gotten myself into??!


Creak.

“It’s just you and me now, Serenity…”

The night was filled with a silenced scream.
© Copyright 2014 Arktic-Rage (vivianporch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013694-Running-Does-Nothing