*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014055-Stans-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Drama · #2014055
Stan has a troubling dream.
         Stan Miller couldn't get to daylight, couldn't draw himself from the strange deep dream that held him in its grip.

         He walked to the waterâs edge and experienced the sand between his toes. He withdrew up the beach and noticed a woman coming out of a beach house. She was wearing blue jeans and a white blouse. She walked slowly but purposely towards the water.

         Passing him she smiled pleasantly dipping her head in greeting. A knowing, warm sensation came over him. Her face was smooth, tanned which accented the lines at the corners of her eyes. She held a rose, the color of fire.

         He watched with casual interest. She reached the waterâs edge and stooped down to remove her shoes. After pausing for a second, she took a step forward. The foam swirled around her feet, darkening her blue jeans. She began to walk. The water rose to her calves. He watched her with growing attention. Soon the water had risen to her thighs. Her movement was impeded but she trudged on, fighting the resistance of the swell. Stan was watching intently now, vaguely uneasy. He felt he should call out, see if she was alright. It was awkward. She might think he was meddling. She wasnât, it appeared, distressed. The waves reached her waist, dipping and rising. A heightening sense of alarm began to clutch him. A bubble of resentment formed in him. What right did she have involving him? She was no concern of his, no matter her intent.

         Now the water reached her chest. He was in agony of indecision. A sound in the distance told him to shut down. He knew he should intervene but something deep inside held him back. Deja Fu?

         The water had reached her throat. He shouted out but she made no indication that she heard him. He ran to the waterâs edge just in time to see her head disappear under the waves. Still he waited. But the head did not reappear. Now at last he acted. He darted through the shallows and started to swim. The tide pushed him back. He looked down and picked up the thorny rose. Fire erupted and pain dripped from him as he saw the blood.

         The alarm rescued him.



© Copyright 2014 Randy77 (randytramp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014055-Stans-Dream