*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020398-Observation
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2020398
Short story of where a mind goes.
As her feet move forward one then the other, she smirks at the familiar sound that freshly fallen snow creates. Crunch crunch. The sound brings her back to childhood snow ball fights then her first slippery drive in a storm as a new driver. A tug on her arm brings her back to this moment. Her dog is pulling trying to get back home away from the cold snow flakes. Some snowflakes make the journey to the ground safely. Resting comfy atop the previous flake. Others live briefly atop the nose of a grumpy dog until he shakes it's melted remains off with a quick jerk. The fleeting life of a flake. Witnessed only by a woman and her dog.

Makes one wonder if our lives are somehow witnessed this same way by some unknown entity we are unaware of. The wind whips the woman's hair across her eyes. She brushes it away and notices the sun starting to peek through the clouds. That huge ball of fire to far to warm this part of the earth but some how close enough to keep us alive, but then again without shelter this dog and woman would surely die out here in this freezing cold snow. Maybe the woman and her dog are the sun's snowflake, making our way home to our comfy warm shelter, without which the two would be doomed.
© Copyright 2014 Heramac (heramac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020398-Observation