*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2021287-The-Other-Me
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2021287
You find a side of yourself. A side that no one wants to see.
Fountainwater=true
noclip=false
laughFX=true loop 5
respawn if 5sec playertouch fountainwater=true...

You stop, and close your laptop. After a hard days work on your gaming software, you decide to take a break. You leave your room, and walk into the kitchen. You look at the clock. It reads, "11:58". You open the fridge, and begin the search for food, hoping that something will appear. Nothing you want is inside. You decide to order pizza. You pick up your cell, and dial Dominos.

You wait for the call in progress tone.

But there is no tone.

Only static.

You look at your phone, and it seems like it isn't running correctly. You shrug, as it is an old phone, and walk outside to your car. As you drive by various buildings and people, they seem strange. They seem to fade. They seem to not notice you. They seem to slowly disappear.

You shake your head, guessing you have been working too hard. But when you arrive at Dominos, there is no building.

You then realize, there are no buildings.

No people.

Nothing.

All there is, is you and your car.

A wasteland is all that is left of the once populated city is....

Nothing. There is only a void where there once was life.

You franticly get in your car, and race around this desert that used to be your home. There is nothing but desert. And when everything seemed like it couldn't get worse, there was laughter. Terrifying, evil laughter. Everything begins to darken, and you abandon your car, and run. But the laughter continues. You fall to the dusty ground, shaking your head, and covering your ears. But the laughter only gets louder. And it moves behind you. You turn to look, and you scream.

Your throat burns. You back away from that horrifying sight.

That horrifying THING.

And you realize... That THING is you. A horribly mangled version of you. It's arms look like they have gone through a wood chipper. Its legs were hardly more than bone. It's eyes hung from the sockets by veins, but they focused on you. And it's mouth...

It's mouth. The lower jaw had no flesh, only bloodstained bone. And the jaw went up and down as it laughed.

It dragged it's mangled body towards you, and you asked, "What have you done to my home?!"

It's only answer was a terrifying scream. And the ground began to buckle and move.

People you knew rose from the ground, but they were as mangled as your alter ego.

As they crowded around you, you screamed again. They began to scratch and slice you.

You got up, and burst away from the terrible mob.

They cried out, and ran after you.

And just when you thought there was no hope, over a hill you saw your town. The town you remembered.

And you realized what the mangled versions of people were.

And you knew what had to be done.

There are two sides to every person.


But one side should never be seen.
© Copyright 2014 Furied - Still Burning Hot! - (furied at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2021287-The-Other-Me