*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024067-What-things-do-you-think-are-beautiful
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #2024067
A free style poem about the beautiful little things
The weather is beautiful one day and a teenage girl decides on this rare occasion to put away her computer and take a walk. Not even five minutes outside, she pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of a flower patch. Since she already has her phone out, she takes a few pictures of herself in the sunlight. She captions all the photos with “#natural beauty”. Putting the phone away, she continues to walk. She stops by the park nearby and takes a seat on the swing set. As she halfheartedly pumps her legs, she takes in the view of the people. There appears to be a contest at the monkey bars  between a group of boys and girls ranging in ages of 5-7. She can’t help but smile even though two of them are arguing animatedly about the rules. She turns her attention to a boy her age walking a dog. She can’t help but notice that he’s extremely muscular. He nods at her and she smiles back. After a few minutes on the swings, the girl gets up and starts to head home. On her way, she spots an elderly couple walking on the other side of the street together. She could see all the chemistry between them just by the way they held hands. As she arrived home, she felt grateful for the small neighborhood walk. It surprised her how many little things she found to be beautiful. Besides, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
© Copyright 2015 stylewiz (stylewiz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024067-What-things-do-you-think-are-beautiful