*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024163-Soukee
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2024163
A first look at my character Soukee

Word count: 801



Soukee raises her handmade bow and pulls back the ebony crow feather arrow with natural precision. She blows her curls to the side of her vision, her good luck charm before she takes a serious shot. Her six foot form is in perfect condition for the sport she plays. It is hide and seek with the local spot-tail deer which is King of all deer. Her red leather boot which she stained on her own with her artistic recipe, carry her silently through the crevices of the forest.

She climbs a tree with limber form since she has done this activity all her life, her place has always been in the forest. Long, arm reach with pale porcelain white hands grabbing branch after branch, pulling herself up without missing a beat in her step; she is in excellent athletic condition. Her blue-green eyes continue to look up while she climbs higher and higher to reach her lookout point. Her fiery-red hair blows gently in the wind as she pushes some of the hair behind her left ear. Moving her perfect red lips in shock, she exclaims, “Mon dieu! Who is here in my spot?”

Climbing to the top she pulls herself up and over the last branch with a leap, landing in a crouched position in her sanctum. Looking everywhere frantically, hoping to discover who was here and at the same time there is a slight feeling of fear in discovering who was here. Running around the place like a mad woman, she goes through all of her journals and paintings, checking to see anything is missing; everything seems to be in perfect order until she looks over towards the fire pit. Someone has gotten into her survival and food supplies; it seems a mysterious stranger made themselves at home here for a short time.

Bringing herself back to her previous task, Soukee picks up her binoculars off the table and proceeds to her lookout point. The sound of a crow cawed in the distance and moving her attention to this section, she sees the most beautiful alignment with the sun. There are four stars in four corners with the sun in the middle which has a prism effect; rainbow colours are flowing from the sun in the direction of each corner. Talking to herself in amazement, she says, “There are no words in existence to describe this beauty.”

Taking her steam powered camera, she positions her homemade contraption towards the alignment to capture it and the process it goes through for her research. This is a sign for a greater event to come in a short while. There is always a rare event before these bigger events which will affect a huge number of the planet. Last time an alignment similar to this took place a thousand years ago. An earthquake shook the realm so hard that land crumbled into the sea, new pieces on land rose out of the oceans, and many perished. With only the legends left to tell the tales there was so much destruction and there were also some beautiful sites created.

A great sadness enveloped Soukee as she was reflecting about her family, these thoughts reminded her of the raid on her village where everyone was slaughtered, except her who hid underground for weeks and weeks before daring to come back to the surface. The horror of the destruction struck the core of her being and rage rain through her body, until she collapsed in a pile of tears and felt her grief. She still feels this sadness from time to time even though it is not as strong as it once was, it is still there.

After this event the forest became her home and the environment welcomed her with open arms. Living a solitary life is cumbersome at times; with just her to take care of the worry of losing other people is something she just could not go through again. She quickly learned how to feed, clothe, find water, and build her own shelter. Anything she did not know how to do, nature helped her through the insects, animals, and plants; everything has a voice and everything has life energy.

It was not long when she set out on her journey and discovered this lookout point which was in a shambles, her most prized possessions she found here are the books with a depth of knowledge she has devoured. Her favourite subject of discovery is the information she reads about the planets, moon, and stars. Everything works perfectly with this template as long as the observer knows how to read activity that is witnessed. Looking up at the sky and realizing it is time to get ready for when the sun goes down, tomorrow is another day full of life and discovery.

© Copyright 2015 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024163-Soukee