*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024328-Rapture-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kitte
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #2024328
In New Greece Lucia and Andre as Aphrodites are a Spell Unit:souls bond by Spell Unity.
Rapture
Chapter 1

The Olympian stood on the sideline wrapped in his toga, unrestricted by his free flowing clothes-symbolic of his social freedom. His seemingly unkempt, curly locks fell around his square face: he was the picture of our society's perfect, muscular, handsome man. And I hated him.

The Olympian's voice was harsh and arrogant, "I declare that you must Spell Duel...until death."

I turned my eyes from the fool and his gawking servants, ignored my two opponents across the field. I focused on dear, sweet Lucia and the rest of the world ceased to exist. I stroked her soft cheek and locked eyes with her beautiful caramel windows to her soul.

"Give me strength," I whispered into her ear.

I knew as her Guardian I had to protect her: my Sacrifice. The best way was to call upon our Real Name.

I reached out as she did and placed my hand in her's, fingers interlocking. We both said in perfect unison, "We are Éros; beautiful, erotic...transcendent!"

The Gods recognized our true name and bestowed upon us access to the Weave: the source of all magic, as a light enveloped us. Her light brown hair sparkled like grains of sand on a warm summer beach. The energy of the Weave flowed between us, connecting us. Her soul filled up my heart with it's warmth and vice versa, as the Spell Unity was complete. I couldn't help but cup her soft, round cheek in my hand; her natural youth radiating with extra vitality. 

I heard from across the field: "We are Philia. The most virtous. We are the love that flows from everyone: all pervasive." There came a light and I turned to face my oppponents as they spoke.

Across from me stood a young woman with a petite frame like Lucia but was far too skinny. The woman had long black hair and skin alittle more tan than Lucia's. Behind the opponent stood her Sacrifice: a tall, lanky man with blue eyes and blonde hair. The man commanded, "Chiyo, attack them now before they can gain their bearing."

"Understood, Herman." She replied.

Chiyo raised her hand, palm facing us. "Tears of sorrow, rush forth like an ocean: like this deep and unending love!"

Water bubbled up from the soil and gathered in a swirling tsunami. 

"What a beautiful spell: 'like an ocean'," I said under my breath.

"Defend," ordered Lucia.

"Yes ma'am" I quickly reaponded

"Don't get cheeky with me in battle."

"Of course," I smirked.

Herman growled to his Guardian, "look at them having a conversation while in the middle of a Spell Duel. Are they mocking us?"

The tsunami rushed towards us. I countered, "Not a drop can seep through, no sorrow can drown out this burning heart. I burn for her!"

A wall of fire shot up in front of me, it's heat momentarily cooled as the water hit it. As the scorching heat returned I was careful to keep my distance because if I took damage so did Lucia: we were one. I was Éros and she was Éros.

I stood between Lucia and the fire, as it should be.

I taunted the already roused Herman, Philia's Sacrifice, "It's not that I am taking you lightly, it's just that I'm such a flirt. Now it's my turn to attack and I am coming for you."
I pointed at Herman and I could see the anger begin to boil in his Guardian. 

"There is pure electricity shared between us. Zeus show them and strike this soaked soil, shock these saboteurs!" I grabbed Lucia by the hip and pressed her towards me as the spell flowed out of my hand and into the gathering clouds. The clouds greyed instantly and from them burst a bolt of lightning.

The Olympian gasped, impressed, "Zeus. He used alliteration to strengthen his spell. How marvelous!"

The thunder rained down like a light show, frying the Philia Guardian: Chiyo. That pain was transfered to her Sacrifice Herman, that is what it means to be a Sacrifice. A Guardian is nothing without a Sacrifice: a second source of energy and a clear mind uneffected by being the direct catalyst of the Weave. And a Sacrifice was nothing without a Guardian: a soul tempered by the Weave and trained in the speechcraft to weild it. They are the mind, we Guardians the arm. And just like the mind perceived pain, all the damage in the duel was absorbed by the Sacrifice.

Herman's arm was severly burnt from the spell. He cried out in agony. Chiyo didn't turn and look at him, she kept her eyes on me and said over her shoulder"you okay?"

"Disgusting" I mumbled about her lack or passion for her Guardian. Lucia was so close she heard me and looked up into my eyes to see the disgust. At first she seemed to be thinking deeply about what I had said then she nodded, "finish them."

I gently put my arms around her and nuzzled her face.

"Give me strength," I pleaded.

We leaned closer and closer until our lips touched, and we stole each other's breath causing us to close our eyes. Bliss.

I quickly turned back toward Philia and began the end, "Blue sky whisper softly; red sunlight embrace us. I call forth the orange twilight to magenta this black sea. Let these green two be swept away in the grey conflagration!"

Chiyo tried to counter the spell but her words words were drown by the roaring of the inferno that shot up from every angle around Herman. His screams were heart wretching but it brought a smile to the Olympian's flawless lips. I put my arm around Lucia, I had to be strong for her. Just as I thought I couldn’t take it anymore Chiyo's eyes were moist with anguish, utter lose, and complete resignation. She turned her small form toward the fire and walked into it dying with her Sacrifice. That was the fate of all of us Guardians. As a Spell Unit, we are one until the end. I felt I had to say something, anything to mark the passing of two Aphrodites like Lucia and I.

"You're spells were swift and your speechcraft gorgeous but you were too young. You weren't on our level, if you had been older and your bond stronger maybe...but you were hormonal and cared too much about aesthetics. Eternal farewell, Philia."

Two less Aphrodites. There was less love in the world now. We fought so we got to live. We killed them so we got to live. I received one more day to see her face: that was all that mattered. The Olympians made promises about the last Spell Unit standing going to Elysium as a reward but we all fought now not for a reward but to keep our loves close to us. I would fight whenever and whatever so that they wouldn't take Lucia away.

The Olympian clapped twice, obviously not amused the fight had ended so quiclkly. Though his servants were talking excitedly to him about what they had just witnessed.

I hid my hatred the best I could, grabbed Lucia's hand as we bowed and said, "Good day, Master" We hurried off before the Olympian could protest.
© Copyright 2015 Kitte (kitte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024328-Rapture-Chapter-1