*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024330-Rapture-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kitte
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #2024330
Lucia is picked on by two girls at The Academy, which leads to a confrontation.
Rapture 2
Chapter 2

I was sitting in class. The teacher was going over some mathematical formula that I just wasn't understanding. My friend Phillip leaned over and whispered, "ugh, I wish he would shut up already. It's been two hours, it's just torture now."

He briefly smiled at me in jest and I automatically smiled back. Then I turned away from him and tuned out the teacher, day dreaming about Lucia. But dreaming of her made me miss her, and that pain grew as I came to acknowledge it. It was like my heart had been ripped out and in it's place was a blackhole that continously crushed my chest with it's gravity. It was hard to breath and the really strong waves almost made me nauseous. It took all my strength not to double over as that strength seemed to drain from my bones. I was absolutely miserable. 

Eventually I tried to refocus on the lecture and the pain subsided a little. Phillip leaned over again but I did not hear what he said, a vibration hit my body hard and caused it go as stiff as a board. It was followed by a high pitch shrill that I didn't fight. I listened as I had done before and the sound sharpened into the voice of Lucia-"Ayúdame!"

I stood up and my chair crashed to the ground. All eyes were on me and the teacher stopped teaching.

"Lucia!" I yelped. I didn't even look at the teacher, I took off in the direction the vibration had come from. I dashed through crowds of Academy students walking to or from class, weaving past people as best I could while still focusing on my Lucia.

I came to her to find her laying on the ground. Two girls stood over her: a pale skinned red haired girl and a dark girl with short black hair. They were laughing.

"Erastes (Lover)?" Lucia said with relief.

I smiled warmly to her, "Eromenos (Beloved)"

I helped Lucia to her feet then I made my way towards the girls. They backed up, afraid of a physical altercation with someone who had combat training. I stopped just short of the girls and clenched my fist.

The red haired girl giggled, "Chadda, looks like he wants to hit us."

Chadda laughed, "I would like to see him try."

I said through grit teeth, "I challenge you to a Spell Duel!"

Chadda asked, "What? You and the rich girl, that should be a laugh. What do you think, Abby?"

The red haired replied, "We accept!"

I knew from their interaction who the Guardian was, I knew who to attack first and hard: Chadda.

I looked back at Lucia for approval. She tried to hide her anger at the two girls and simply nodded. I walked back to her, held her soft face and kissed her so passionately her face went red. I left my face close to her's and smirked.

"I will give you all of me: my body, my heart, my soul. I'd even give up my life. I will fight for you, so don't be afraid." I reassured her.

I reluctantly removed my hands from her velvet skin.

She smiled for the first time that day, as far as I knew and I could feel the butterflies swirl in my stomach.

"Don't be smug," she said as sultry as she could muster. Her anger was fading and her focus was returning.

"Yes ma'am!" I winked at her.

"You little shit," she winked back.

I presented my arm like a gentleman and she took it.

"We are Ero: beautiful, erotic...transcendent!"
"We are Ero: beautiful, erotic...transcendent!"

The light of the gods shown down on us and flowed out from every pore. We took a moment to bath in the ecstatic glow, together.

Across the sidewalk we heard our opponents, "We are Grá, the chosen pulse of the heart; so ubiquitous our love doesn't need to be returned."

There came a light from them but it was not as bright as I expected. 

"How pathetic, a light that can't even reach," I mocked.

They both seemed to fume a bit but even before Chadda could step forward to protect her Sacrifice I began.

"Gaea, entangle them!"

Vines sprouted from the ground and wrapped around Chadda's and Abby's legs. Chadda responded quickly, " Bright flame; O light, flame. Burn away all the impurities."

Embers burned away the plants and freed Grá. Before Abby could give a command, I fired off another spell.
"Like a breeze that carries the butterflies, lift them on swift wings."

Chadda chuckled, "Invalid. We are so ubiquitous our love doesn't need to be returned. Total Defense!"

The wind smashed against an invisible barrier. I was impressed she could use a second level spell without her Sacrifice.  There are three levels of spells: Infatuation level,
Romance level, and Lust level. Romance or 2nd level spells required physical contact but Grá seemed to be able to cast them without contact. It must have been their special ability; every Spell Unit had their unique abilities and strengths.

Abby quickly instructed her Guardian, "Attack! Don't let him chain combos together."

Chadda attacked, "Primordial waters, the beginning and the end. Drown away their strength and wash them away into nothingness."

I tried to utter a defense but I was hit from all sides by powerful waves that surrounded and enveloped Lucia and I. I took a deep breath before were suspended in seperate orbs of water. Within my orb, I kicked and swam trying to gain some stability. My eyes wondered over to Lucia's direction and I witnesssed her struggling. My anger exploded and I knew I had to act before she lost consciousness.

I opened my mouth and bubbles escaped, "Burst!"

The watery prisons shattered and we fell to the ground. Lucia spat up water and coughed. I took a few deep breathes and I was fine. I decided to attack without her but as I thought of my next spell Chadda spoke, "Thunder, thrown across the sky like Thor's hammer, thump these fools!"

A hammer made of lightning formed out of the clouds that rushed to blot out the sun. The hammer then hurled itself down at us, spinning with great speed. I defended with haste, "Mother Earth, shield us your children with trees with earth with heavy handed air."

A dome of earth rose from the ground and shaded Lucia and I from the wraith of the lightning. I smirked at Chadda, "Useless."

The Grá Guardian shouted, "You arrogant bastard!"

Then she launched another spell, "Fire in this breast, burning hot. Like an ember on a candle, that lights a candelabra.  Spread!"

"Impossible, darkness veil the flame and cover it's origins so that it can not progress." I countered quickly and then smiled at her.

I could see her brow furrow and she yelled, "Fire-fire-"

My Provokation had worked, and she fell right into my trap. Her rage was seperating her from her Sacrifice and before Abby could calm her I struck.

"Veiling darkness, unfailed darkness that snuffed out the flames. Cover these tiny embers, blanket their breath and rob them of strength. Let them see only the beast-known as sleep."

Abby had gone to grab Chadda's shoulder in an attempt to get her attention but her arm withered and her step forward became a tumble. Abby face planted and Chadda turned in confusion, and then stumbled backwards until she landed on her back-snoring.

A put my hand around Lucia's waist and joked, "I can finish them off if you want."

Lucia observed, "I think they have had enough."

I kept a straight face, "I live for you. So for you I could do anything."

Her mouth twisted.

"Ok," I smiled at her letting her know I was joking about taking out the two students.

Lucia took my arm again and laid her head on my shoulder. My eyes softened as I stroked her back. "Since we both are technically skipping class, do you want to go grab a bite to eat?"

"Do I?" She beamed as strolled away arm and arm.
© Copyright 2015 Kitte (kitte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024330-Rapture-Chapter-2