*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024635-Sharons-Belief
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #2024635
This story is based on real life experiences but is fictional in writing
He always had issues and one of his main problems was alcohol, not just the taste of it but the need to consume it four to five hours a day. Randy was in his late fifties, married and doing fairly well at his job as a mechanic. His wife of fifteen years plus was a housewife. His children two boys and a girl were out of school and trying to find there way in the world of work.

His wife Sharon was a member of the Holy Faith Church in Belmont and spent her free time going with church members on Thursday afternoons to pray for the sick at Port of Spain General Hospital.

Randy was not an active member of the church as four years ago, he complained that the pastor, Jimmy Sergio seemed more interested in collecting money for God’s blessings. Randy kept telling his wife no man should have to pay cash for what God gives every day free to his people, he insisted that she was being fooled by a man who claims to talk to God and understands all he intends for the members of the church.

Their daughter Leah stopped going to the church and started to attend the Anglican church on Charcon Street Port of Spain every Sunday and Friday mornings. She told her mother I can’t understand how you does worship that pastor so, everything he says you does do without a second thought. She questioned her mother’s belief in the pastor more than God.

The family lived on a shared family compound. Her husband used the same house used by his parents to build a modest home for their young family. As their eldest son Randy extended the house rebuilding in concrete. His two sisters and two brothers moved out as they got married and started having children of their own.

This did not leave the house to Randy and his family for long, as Sharon’s uncle Kurt who lived alone in a rented apartment was ill and no member of the her family seemed to have time to visit and make sure he ate well and took his medication.

Author: Lisa St John©
To be continued
Please note this story though with real life experiences for some is based on fiction.

© Copyright 2015 Journal writer (kisssesilike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024635-Sharons-Belief