*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030115-Sharons-Belief-pt2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #2030115
This story though based on real life events is expanded with fictional characters.
Randy was not in agreement with the new arrangement he feared that he will now have to support another person, Kurt being sick did not in anyway cause his heart to soften. It became an argument between husband and wife, he told her she had time enough to go visit her uncle in the Laventille hills where ever that was and see to his needs. She was not working a full time job and her time at the church could be put to better use.

Sharon contemplated moving out, but without a job that independence seemed far away. She could not see herself living in Laventille with her uncle’s pension as the only source of financial security. Her husband though spending more time in his favourite bar still managed to give her enough money to attend to some of her needs and the house.

Her best friend Clara was also a member of the Holy Faith church and advised her to have a one-on-one with the pastor, Sharon however didn’t feel confident enough to talk to pastor Sergio and expressed her fears to her friend. Clara told her I will go with you, but I will sit in the outer office.

How can I tell him my husband does spend all his free time in a bar and comes home drunk and quarrels over everything, she thought. She no longer loved him, or she thinks so. She questioned their living thinking how did they get to this point of constant quarreling and disagreement on every topic. Although her family does not attend church with her she always portrays the perfect family to the members and friends.

Showing this dysfunctional side to the pastor seems to her a step down in his eyes. She worried about what he will think about her. "Girl everybody does have problems no one is perfect, why worry about the pastor he is human, her friend said encouraging her to risk a chance."

Just as she was contemplating her living situation her uncle had to be taken to hospital for heart treatment, she feared he will not live beyond 2009. With this change she put off her visit with the pastor.To her this change in living that she so hope to make was put on hold as she refocused her energy.

As she sat for hours on some days in the hospital with her uncle she had time to think and realized that just maybe her present living situation was partially her doing. She contemplated making change but how she was not sure.

http://heartfulless.blogspot.com/
© Copyright 2015 Journal writer (kisssesilike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030115-Sharons-Belief-pt2