*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025237-Trying-To-Find-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2025237
Alex has a new potion.
"Tom, wait until you hear what my new soda will do," Alex said, catching Tom in the High School hallway.

"Turn you into Superman?" asked Tom.

"Better!", Alex replied. "Like the song, 'Love Potion # 9'."

"You can't be serious," Tom scoffed. "Too much time in the Chem Lab inhaling experiments."

"Watch with Mary Anne," Alex said. "You jocks aren't going to have girls like her to yourselves anymore."

"Hi Mary Anne," Alex said.

"Oh, hi Alex. I almost didn't see you."

"No problem," Alex said. "Try one of these new sodas?"

"OK." After taking a drink, Mary Anne seemed to momentarily lose focus, then shook her head and looked at the boys in a puzzled way.

"Who are you guys?", she asked, as she hurried down the hallway.

"That went well," Tom laughed.

The next day, Alex caught up with Tom again.

"I've made improvements," Alex said, "Let's see how Cathy likes them."

"Hi Cathy," Alex said, "Try some new soda?"

"OK." Cathy took a drink, then seemed to lose focus. After shaking her head, she slapped Alex across the face.

"Not funny," she snapped, marching off down the hallway.

Tom thought it was hilarious.

The next day, Alex was ready again as Tom's sister came down the hallway.

"OK if I give Susan some of my potion?", Alex asked.

Tom shook his head yes.

"Susan, try some new soda," Alex said.

"K," Susan said. Again the drink, the losing focus, the shaking head. But this time...

"Alex," Susan cried out, throwing her arms around him, smashing her lips against his, spilling the soda down his back.

"I'll get some paper towels," Alex said running into the boys room.

Susan and Tom collapsed against each other.

"Thanks for cluing me in," Susan giggled. "This is going to be fun."
© Copyright 2015 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025237-Trying-To-Find-Love