*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025892-My-Wife-2
by rough
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2025892
part of my novel: addressed previous reviews.
Waking up with a hangover is not the best way to start your weekend, especially Sunday. By the time the hangover is over, it is time to go back to that redundant bill paying work. So why not quit drinking all together? Waking up in the morning, outside and crawling out of the flowery bush now that is something new. Remembering events prior to here, loosing train of thought and trying to stand, lighting last broken cigarette is pathetic for a 30-year-old guy who lives with his mother and has a pregnant wife.

He picked me up and we went for a ride in his car, making small talk until:

"The reason I pick you up is because you asked me" He replied.
"So you don't consider me as your friend?" I asked.
"No, you may be thinking of me as your best friend, but I have someone else as my best friend already." He stated.

It's a shock to find out that your best friend thinks of you as an acquaintance. But Why? Trying to reason through all the adventures we have been through, the only possible explanation is lack of honesty and betrayal probably. Must be selfishness. I asked myself. There were several occasions where he acted selfishly too. But what kind of a friendship is this, a sawhorse? Most inmates are selfish people; if they weren't selfish, they would be a productive blocks of our civilization or selfless employees that are told what to do and how to do it.

Asked him to pull over at the corner store, to get a pack of cigarettes and a soda. He dropped me off and drove off. As I was opening the door to enter into the store, I suddenly remembered that I was going to rescue my wife.


© Copyright 2015 rough (amson123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025892-My-Wife-2