*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026215-The-citys-colors-III
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #2026215
If i was going to die, i should at least save my last words for the man who might kill me.

The streets have never been so evenly paved before. But, that's what i should expect from the long driveway of this mayor: the last of his kind, and no too afraid to showcase it.

"Ms. Larice, please go ahead."

I'd been strangely captivated by the smooth, dark marble steps and their long, strange reflections that looked back at us. I seemed less thin than I had remembered; like I'd looked in the days where school was mandatory for all young people--but that was impossible. I'd had barely enough food left for myself this year as It was, and considering what 'enough' was, in the first place...

"Messenger, can you...tell me what's going on?"

Despite his well-clothed back and the importance he carried in every step, this messenger was barely more fed than myself. I'd always though these young people working for the high-ups had the benefit of their table scraps to live on.

"...Do you really want to hear it from me, Ms. Larice?"

With that statement of black luck, he turned his back to me; leading me through a long, high set of double-doors, whose arches were hidden in the shadow of a polished porch roof.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The messenger led me through a last set of doors, glancing at me briefly before pushing them wide open--almost like he expected me to say something. But what was there left to say? If i was going to die, I should at least save my last ones for the man who might kill me.

© Copyright 2015 Drunken Chords (goldengirl415 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026215-The-citys-colors-III