*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028365-Neopets-The-Darkest-Faerie-Mote-Guide
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by PJKL
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2028365
Guide for PS2 version.... (Also I'm replaying the entire game as I fill this out.
Mote Guide

Mote Basics

There are 6 basic motes. They are: Fire (Flame), Water (Bubble), Air (Fog), Earth (Leaf), Dark (Smoke), and Light.

There are also 6 advanced motes. They are: Lava(Fire), River(Water), Stone(Earth), Storm(Air), Sun(Light), Shadow(Dark)

There are also 2 Rare motes (The basic version can be bought at a shop after collecting all twelve motes). They are; the Nova mote, and the Super Nova mote. Both of these motes are every type motes.

Each mote has an opposite... And the opposites are equally effective against each other.

Fire↔Water
Earth↔Air
Dark↔Light

Now each creature, that is an enemy, has a type; which alligns with one of the 6 motes. (I will go into detail later on in the creature section).

Once you have a Sword/Wand and a Shield, motes are your best friends. Even without a Shield motes are your best friends.

Equipping Motes

Motes can be equipped two ways (while playing or while paused). If you are unsure of the monster's type (The monster types will be explained later on). I reccomend pausing the game (note that to actually pause the game to quit, load, or change options... You need to press select. Otherwise just press start)

There are three possible things that notes can equip to. They are; your Shield, your Sword/Wand, and your Armor/Clothes. Each of the three correspond with a Button.
Circle = Sword/Wand
Square = Shield
X = Armor/Clothes.

To equip a mote, simply move over it so it is highlighted (In the pause/item screen; it will have a thick yellow outline.) (In the playing mote screen it will have a glowing yellow outline.). Then press the button that corresponds with the equipment you want to equip the mote to.

Equipping the same type mote that your enemy is aligned with will reduce damage (when equipped on Armor or a Shield) and can actually reflect projectiles (when your Shield is up) also in some cases it can prevent all damage depending on the mote strength (basic or advanced), the power of the enemy), and the strength of your Shield. (Please note that the Shield, Sword, and Armor don't say how strong they are, but if u buy any equipment it will automatically equip the best one)

Motes can also increase the damage dealt if the alignments are opposite of the enemy's, and equipped to your weapon. (See the mote chart in the beginning)

Mote Abilities

Every mote has a unique ability
© Copyright 2015 PJKL (pokebroniex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028365-Neopets-The-Darkest-Faerie-Mote-Guide