*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028475-Scarred-Memories---Prolog
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2028475
Prolog of my NaNoWriMo project from 2013
         “News from the mainland”

         The collector only barely lifts his head from the map in front of him not even stopping to ask what the news was until he did not receive a response that he glared at his messenger. “Well?”

         “They missed her again” . . . he paused but quickly added “But they have a new location for her.” Hoping that this additional news would save his head.  Slowly shifting between his feet as the tension in the air began to grow.

         “How?” the collector asked without further explanation.

         “He missed her by three months the travel was a little slow between locations.”

         “He missed her by how much?” The anger growing in his eyes, “I am sure you did not just tell me he missed her by three months.”

         The messenger doesn’t respond. The next sound heard is that of a knife entering the wall at max velocity. “Irregardless of this new mishap where is she now?”

         “She’s in Oak grove sir.”

         “Set the sails for oak grove and send Caitlyn ahead, I presume Michael is already making his way there?”

         “Yes sir he is and I shall send word to Caitlyn.”

         The collector is once again left alone in silence looking at the map in front of him marked with all the failed attempts of recapture he mutters “You have escaped me once Anastasia, but this time your mine.” A faint glow lingered on his face as the ship turned to its path towards Oak Grove. 
© Copyright 2015 Elizabeth Ravenswood (e.ravenswood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028475-Scarred-Memories---Prolog