*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030154-Darkness-and-Light
Rated: GC · Poetry · Experience · #2030154
Can darkness and light join to make an endless love?

Darkness of night, cloud filled skies, surrounded by stars unseen.
I can see the battle occurring around me as I feel it raging inside me.
Each breath- inhaled cold air, exhaled a stream of heat.
This contrast a visual of the war as unseen as the sun hidden by the earths tilt.

My life is one of darkness, a life of winter I suppose.
Light is dim and no matter how hard I strive, warmth is just out of reach.
Wondering and wanting - all hidden by day yet seep to the surface as I head towards sleep.
My arms reaching, searching, wishing but find myself alone when I drift to dream.

It is there you come along, so many years have passed, a familiar stranger.
It is hard to look at you first, so bright, the light you radiate aches my unadjusted eyes.
You take my hand and guide me, bring me, into you and the ache passes as I am engulfed.
Safe and warm, the darkness at bay I am free to look around at a world I know but rarely see.

Your hand in mind.  Arms length apart.  I turn to you and our eyes meet.
Silently screaming emotions and thoughts words have not been invented for yet.
As you pull me to you, your body so strong and warm, I bury my head against your chest.
Your heart beats a rhythm I am soon to follow suit.  In sync as I huddle closer against you.


With a step back, you raise my chin. Our eyes lock briefly before I turn my face to above.
The heat flushes my face as your touch electrifies my body. The storm rages here as well.
Our eyes meet again as your embrace tightens and my lips find yours.
Heart racing, breath catching, confused by desire while driven by passion.

In this light  no words can attempt to describe, we consume each other while time stops.
A place without depression, confusion, repression, suppression, limits and rules.
Only freedom, truth, respect, compassion, gratification and celebration exists.
The earth spins below us, above us and around us but it cannot touch us here.

It is here, within the light, you take me - willingly; mind, body and heart.
Heights reached neither of us have experienced before, pushing limits that don't matter here.
Smiling, moaning, clawing, guiding, writhing - a harmony our bodies make...
Because here even silence has a melody of its own.

My eyes open to a near dark morning, my body still warm from the you I just left.
My bed is empty and as sleep clears my foggy head the cold seems to settle back in.
But then I spot it,  a leather bound journal given from the center of your endless heart.
A reminder that will fill with words with every passing day about thoughts I dare not speak.

This kindest gift I ever received sits next to me at this very moment, warm against my thigh.
A smile spread across my face at your inscription - a truth brought back with me from the dream.
The seemingly endless chill dulled by heat that spreads like blood through my veins.
I close my eyes as a picture forms behind my lids... there you stand, real, holding a candle in your hands.



© Copyright 2015 Orieene (jnicholas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030154-Darkness-and-Light