*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030319-Misty-Roses
Rated: 13+ · Other · Inspirational · #2030319
A very short story about self harm and how friends can get you through it.
She stood there, in the dark of night, Her black hair barely visible. All around her were roses, the dew sprinkling them with droplets of water. So much so that eventually the droplets collected and rolled down the petals, much as the tears collected and fell down the girls face. She collapsed to her knees, cutting herself on the thorns. She looked down at the beauty before her, noticing the glint of the moon giving the petals a blood-red color and her memory flashed, scenes filled with same shade, same gloss, same...

She couldn't think of it, covering her face with her hands as she broke down, heavy sobs came from within to the empty, heartless night.

A warmth was then felt on her shoulder and she looked up, a figure standing above her.

"Are you ok?" A masculine voice, as warm as his touch. She slowly stood, not wanting to show more weakness.

"Fine" was the quick response.

She turned away, a small tear disobeying her orders in the process, leaking down her cheek. It shined in the moonlight and lead the boy around her lie.

He wrapped his arms around her from behind, holding her cold, trembling frame. His warmth trickled through her and she collapsed into his hold, letting his warmth spread.

"Come on, let's get you home." He said and she stood, taller, ready to walk like she was strong, like she had always been strong. Her first step forward and she slipped, caught by him before she could once again be ripped apart by rose thorns.

"Its ok. I'll be right behind you." He said and she held onto his hands as he lead her away from the spikes and pain, taking her to warmth, to the caring part of the world.
© Copyright 2015 ValerieShiflett (vshif at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2030319-Misty-Roses