*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033490-Liz-the-mighty-MEGA-WOMAN
by BarryN
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2033490
Chapter 35: MEGADOM
Chapter 35: MEGADOM



Mega Woman flew towards the service. The meeting with Lance Byrons had left a foul taste I her mouth. Who did he think he was? Talking to her that way? Threatening to destroy her?

“Ha!” she laughed out loud at that thought. “I will need to keep an eye on him for sure,” she thought as she flew towards the MEGADOM site. “But first things first, need to forget about him and focus on this. Exciting that people want to worship me!” she thought as she had slowly come around to the idea. When she first got her mega powers the thought of being worshipped seemed outrageous, almost sacrilegious. But now, after having the powers for a few weeks and seeing how people respond, if they wanted to worship her it was fine by her. Not like she was forcing herself on them or anything.

Mega Woman landed at the site. The group had rented out the old YMCA on the edge of town. The doors were closed but standing next to them was Alex Bishop, the correspondent who had interviewed her yesterday.

“Hello Alex,” Mega Woman said as she landed.

“Morning Mega Woman. Glad you decided to come and thank you for letting us film this. So, what do you think you are going to do?” he asked.

“Do?” she said looking down at him from her great height.

“Yes, do. I have interviewed a lot of people coming into this place. They think you really are a goddess,” he said.

“And you?” she asked.

“As a reporter I can’t let my feelings get in the way of the story. The more important question is, do you consider yourself one?” he asked.

Mega Woman took in a deep breath. “Alex, it doesn’t matter what I think. If people believe me to be a goddess, then so be it,” she said.

“And what about those who say you are taking away from the real God?” he asked.

“Getting awful intense aren’t you Alex?” she asked. “No. I am not the real God,” she said. “Of that I am sure. Now, shall I enter?”

“Of course. Cameras are all set up. Going out live whenever you enter,” he said.

Mega Woman grabbed the door handles and pulled them open. She then levitated a foot off the ground and entered the building.

It was crowded. Very crowded. There were people of all ages, all sizes and all races. Some had brought people with injuries, others their children. At the front of the crowded room was what looked like a make shift alter and a large, wooden seat behind it. A man in blue and white robs was standing at the front of the room. He smiled and put the microphone to his mouth.

“Mega Woman, our goddess, has arrived!” he said as he raised his hands into the air.

A roar of cheers and clapping filled the room. “Mega Woman please, please come forward and take your blessed seat!” the man said.

Mega Woman nodded and smiled as she slowly floated towards the alter. Some people stood up clapping, others dropped to their knees as if they were in the presence of a divine being. A few ran out into the isle and grabbed her thick fingers or her cape. They kissed them. “We love you goddess!” some said while others just wept. One brave man grabbed her massive left calf and kissed her boot. “Save us Mega Woman. Save us all!” he said over and over as he kissed her blue boot.

Mega Woman’s smile grew but she had to admit, it was a tad overwhelming. She soon made it to the alter and landed.

“Shall I sit here sir?” she asked.

The man laughed. “Yes. Please. And I am flattered, but do not call me sir. My name is Chuck King. I am the first minister of MEGADOM. We are honored and pleased to have you here Goddess,” he said.

“Very well Minister King,” she said as she took a seat. The crowd kept cheering until Minister King put his hands back in the air and lowered them. The crowd settled down in their seats.

“Followers of MEGADOM. This is a divine day for us. WE are in the presence of the one we worship, the one called Mega Woman. We shall bask in her glory as we….”

The Minister kept going as Mega Woman looked around to see if she knew anyone. She saw a few familiar faces. A few guys and girls she had gone to high school with, two people from work, including Mike Davidson. She smiled at that, knowing how he gushed over her, err, Mega Woman at work. She continued to scan the room but did not see Tom, which saddened her. Regardless, she counted there were 358 people in the room. Not bad. She focused her attention back on the Minister.

“Has anyone brought gifts for the Goddess?” he asked. Several people stood up. “Excellent, please give those to the ushers who shall bring them up,” he said. Many people had brought her flowers or handmade gifts. Some brought food. It was quickly collected and brought to Minister King. He took it and turned around, bowing before the massive super woman in front of him.

“We give you these, our thymes, in respect and awe of you and you power,” he said as he laid them at her booted feet.

“Thank you Minister,” she said.

He turned around. “Now, bow your heads. Let us pray,” he said.

Mega Woman squirmed a bit in her seat. “Pray?” she thought as she watched everyone bow. Suddenly her head began to fill with voices.

“Please continue to protect us…please help my son with his drug addiction…please allow me to worship at your feet…” and on and on. It was overwhelming at first but soon she was able to handle it. She was hearing their prayers!

She suddenly felt a tingle go through her muscle packed body. It felt like when she transformed from Liz to Mega Woman, only far less powerful.

“Mmmmm….” She moaned as it increased. She began to slowly levitate out of her seat. Minister King turned around and gasped as he looked at Mega Woman. She was floating and covered in a white light that seemed to emanate from all over her huge body and muscles.

“She is responding to our prayers! Continue flock! Continue!” he said,

More voices filled her head as the feeling increased. “Your Goddess hears your prayers my acolytes. They are feeding me!” she boomed.

Minister King gasped again as Mega Woman’s muscles began to twitch and appear to start to….to grow! Her hair got longer and her muscles slowly expanded, making her boots creak as they tried to contain the beastly but divine she-muscles trying to burst forth like water to a damaged dam. The light increased as she continued to grow taller, stronger, faster, smarter, better.

Alex Bishop couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Mega Woman was responding to the prayers and they were making her….stronger and more powerful. “Amazing,” he stammered.

After a few minutes Mega Woman floated back to her seat and the light dimmed. She opened her eyes and looked down at her body. She had definitely gotten bigger as her muscles were swollen and pumped up like never before.

Minister King turned to her and fell to his knees. The crowd followed suit. No one said anything for several minutes.

Mega Woman soon stood up. She had NEVER felt this powerful in her life as the Divine. “Thank you my worshippers. I heard your prayers. They have fueled me, filled me with your wishes, and thus made me even more powerful. I will do my best to answer your prayers,” she said as she floated up.

Minister King leaned forward and kissed her boots. “My Goddess, thank you for your presence today. We are truly blessed,” he said as he kissed her boots again.

Mega Woman nodded and flew down the aisle and out the building.

“Mega Woman wait! We need to discuss what happened here!” Alex shouted as she flew off at tremendous speed.

© Copyright 2015 BarryN (barryn1978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033490-Liz-the-mighty-MEGA-WOMAN