*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034299-The-boy-and-his-sloth
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2034299
A boy and his pet sloth are in for a wild ride when a murderer of botanist is on the loose
What are the sloth's waiting for?




In a town known only as Kettletown, there is a murderer on the loose. He has recenty killed the greenhouse botanist taking clippings of the Cecropia tree. My mom is the town florist along with my pet sloth and I, his name is Steve. We believe the killer may be after people in the horticulture business. Last month there was a killing in the town about 20 miles out of town. Nobody can find the culprit because he always leaves what look like claw marks, likely a custom made glove to kill and distinct his killings from other murders. So we have police officers watching our house around-the-clock until the murderer is found. My mom is scared for my safety mainly and the safety of her plants. She got 24 locks and had them all installed on the front and back doors in one day. Being the pacifist my mom is, she was against any firearms in the house but she did keep a handy butcher knife on the dining room table. The killer seems extremely intelligent however. He started by spacing his killings as once a week and then doubling the time every other murder. But wait, I hear a knock at the bedroom door... I look under the crack of the door and see a shadow.. I open the door hesitantly... and I scream! "Oh its just you Steve do you want some oak leaves for dinner?" "No you imbecile I don't want leaves" I gasp in shock that Steve can speak! He grabs the bag of leaves and tries to throw them across the room for dramatic effect but they only go a couple of feet. "I KILLED THOSE GARDENERS BOY. I AM SMARTER THAN YOU THINK!" Steve shouts in anger.



© Copyright 2015 Father 5 Toes (5thtoedsloth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034299-The-boy-and-his-sloth