*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034300-Betsy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2034300
White Diamonds perfume
The strong smell of White Diamonds perfume met his nose as Betsy Perkins walked through the door of the Café. He sipped his coffee, peering over the mug and eyeing her with interest.  Her short white hair was fixed neatly and her pink dress hugged her small frame perfectly. She was certainly a sight for sore eyes! His gaze followed Betsy as she politely greeted two others who were dining in a nearby booth. It had been a little over a year since her dear old husband, Walter Perkins, had passed on and Earl had had his eye on her ever since. When Betsy went to walk past his table, he reached out and grabbed her hand.



“Good afternoon, sweet Betsy. You are looking lovely as always… why don’t you come sit a while with me?” He asked, tugging slightly on her arm.



Betsy blushed, running her free hand through her white, fluffed hair.



She giggled. “Why, Earl. If you insist.” She replied, taking a seat across from the man.



Earl grinned triumphantly, watching intensely as she smoothed out a nonexistent wrinkle in her dress.



“What are you doing tonight, Miss Betsy?” Earl asked, leaning in closely. He reached across the table and covered her hands with his own.



“Why don’t you come home with me?” He added, his eyes pleading.



Betsy averted her gaze, a small smile gracing her features.



“Gee, Earl… I don’t know… It’s still a little too soon.” She said, twisting the wedding ring around on her finger.



Earl chuckled, gripping her hands tightly.



“You’re eighty-six years old, what are we waiting for?”

© Copyright 2015 rat_whiskers (rat_whiskers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034300-Betsy