*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036754-naps
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2036754
Meet Kay. Did anyone notice that she fell asleep at her desk?
Naps

         Kay woke with a start, and realized where she was. Glancing around, it didn't appear that anyone had noticed her unintentional end of work day nap.

         She quickly wiped the drool off her face, as she pulled out her phone. Not the best mirror, but it would have to do. Her dark curly hair seemed more frazzled than usual, probably a result of her head being squished against her desk.

         "Speaking of desks," she thought to herself. She grabbed a tissue and dabbed the damp papers, hoping that Shelly in accounting will not notice saliva stains on her expense report.

         She couldn't understand why as of late she was having so much trouble staying awake. She was getting enough sleep at night. She didn't feel tired. Yet, the past two weeks, about 3pm, she fell asleep. It was completely out of her control. She'd while on her computer, on the phone, in a conference room (very embarrassing), and she thinks she may have dozed off in the ladies room.

         What was worse were the weird, but vivid dreams that accompanied each of these catnaps. It wasn't like her to sleep during work. She had a better work ethic than that. Clearly, she had to make an appointment to see her doctor.



© Copyright 2015 fearlessnot (fearlessnot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036754-naps