*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040870-The-Question
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by C.
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #2040870
Vigilante? Lunatic? Antihero? The thoughts of a guy without a plan.
         "I always look at my life with a tilted head and the question of why because when you do the things I do for the wrong reasons you always end up looking in the mirror. I always examine the blood on my face and the bruising on my knuckles with a sense of justice in my actions because at the end of the day, I can sleep in somewhat comfort knowing a scumbag is laying in a gutter with severe injuries and the sense to stop doing terrible things. You wanna know why? It's because a guy like me is out there sitting in wake with a big chip on his shoulder and two fists. Sure, they don't hit hard like characters in a comic book, but boy where I can put my weight into a good right hook, you can really break someones jaw.

         "But, overall the real reason I hurt my body and damage my psyche for a purpose of causing pain to the cretins of our dying society is plain as day; Enjoyment. Now, yeah that sounds like something a psychopath would say, but as I said before i'm not THAT crazy... Just crazy enough to stand up for a cause. So, while I ramble on in my own thoughts you can lay there on the ground in agony. Sure my face isn't covered by a mask and I'm not wearing a cape, that doesn't make me a hero and it damn sure doesn't make me a villain. I'm the guy riding the lighting between both worlds. The guy with a heavy pipe in my head looking down on someone who shouldn't of tried raping an innocent woman coming off a long shift at her shitty job as a waitress. No, no you see I'm just helping you see the errors in your thinking.

         "So, here I am back inside my living quarters, wrapping my knuckles in bandages, my face half swollen, but my heart is happy and I can't help but smile profusely ay my actions. This brings us back to the real question I still ask myself everyday when I can barely walk in the morning is why I do this every chance I get. Yet, I don't have an answer, I just do... That's just the cold hard reality of my life. I'm a guy without a plan walking on a tightrope wrapped in barbed wire between being a good guy, a villain, a psychopath, an antihero, and a vigilante and I couldn't be any happier living in the danger... That's just a question I don't want to answer."
© Copyright 2015 C. (heisenburger91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040870-The-Question