*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040999-BULLS-EYE
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #2040999
A brief bit of writing inspired by the prompt " they got what they deserved".
         
"Hey, Joe, you're looking fine. Where've you been?"          
"Oh, you know, Jack. I've been laying low, waiting for winter to move its sorry butt."          
"Huh, me too. It's one fine day here at the park. I sure do appreciate this sunshine. Just look at all the people celebrating Spring."          
" Everyone certainly looks happy to shed the toques, scarves, coats and heavy boots. They don't seem so big and bulky now."          
"Whoa, did you see that, Joe? Some of the young ladies are sporting new tattoos. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan. They're so commonplace now; they all look the same. Where's the untouched skin I remember?"          
"I suppose they've embraced body art and they must want it to be noticed. They don't try to hide it. Many of the ladies are dressed skimpily; dare I say invitingly?"          
"I see you haven't changed, Joe. You still tell it like it is. Are you ready? Are you hungry for the hunt?"          
"Oh, I'm more than ready, Jack. This glorious day has whetted my appetite. It's so thoughtful that our meals chose to provide us with targets, isn't it?"          
" I never could pass on a bull's-eye, Joe. We mosquitoes love the artistic buffet and an outdoor smorgasbord; a little ambiance is so refreshing."          
"Viva sun-warmed bare skin! Once the itching and scratching starts do you think a tattoo 'artist' will think to ink, "they got what they deserved"?" ( 239 words )
© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040999-BULLS-EYE