*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042094-World-of-Warcraft-The-Virtual-Family
Rated: E · Essay · Fantasy · #2042094
World of Warcraft Community
         As soon as I joined I noticed the homely feel of guild chat. In about a week’s time, they had me join Corleone’s Ventrilo server, voice chat. At First I had a dreadful feeling, as a deer during opening day.

         “Dad, what if they don’t like me?”

         “They will, just start talking and be yourself, quit being so shy.” My dad encouraged me to start playing WoW, even though my mother looked down on it. Wanting to go against my mother I threw all caution to the wind. I pressed the push-to-talk button and go to introduce myself, but it all comes out at hyper speed.

         “HimynameisDanielle. Howareyou?”

         No one talks for a minute or so. Dread sets in. All the officers, my superiors, are in vent too; Rob, Rick, Kimmy, Jason, and TJ.

         A husky-voice comes through my speakers. The only person I knew in Ventrilo was TJ and I knew it was his voice.

         “Everyone this is Danielle. Her character name is Norava-a.”

         Rick was the first to speak. I had a feeling that he was a nice person, just something about his voice.

         “So, Norava-a-a-a…..”

         It was Noravaa. I had enough, I disconnected from Ventrilo.

         Level 61 and sitting in Orgimmar, the capital city of the orcs, alone. I see this hulking, tall, barbaric looking cow-human creature. He was a complete cow, with a set of black horns with one horn half-way sawed off, light grey fur almost white. He had an electrical feel about him, as if you were standing in the middle of a meadow during a thunderstorm. Not thinking anything of it, I get up to get a Mountain Dew.          When I came back I had three people, or at least I thought they were people in front of me. Being confused, I looked at the person closest to my left and the name look familiar. Tawmoss. Tawmoss has mismatched gear. He has gaudy everything. He had a torch and a huge club. He was there before I left.

         The next one was Nutrot; he really did look like he was rotting. There was a metal piece where his jaw used to be, bones protruding from his armor, his armor and weapons kind of matched, and he had a dark feel about him you can totally tell he stays in the shadows a lot. I have never seen anyone as pale as him. I don’t know if it was because he was dead and had no beating heart but he was as pale as snow.

         There was a female standing next to them directly in front of me. She kept jumping up and down like she had ants in her pants. She had pointed years, red long hair, red cloak, white belt, and a jade staff. She had the weirdest creature with her, a floating water creature. I completely felt unwanted. Then my screen starts flashing.

         Tawmoss says: log into vent D

         Noravaa says: why?

         Redhottie says: because we would like to talk to you instead of typing it’s way easier.

         So I log into Ventrilo, feeling wanted. TJ, Kimmy, Rick, and I were the only ones in Ventrilo. Our conversation hit off once I started talking. Finally feeling like I belong somewhere. I went to sleep with ease that night.

         Being in a family that is falling apart, I wanted a family, support team, friends, and people to talk to; something solid. People that didn’t see my mother’s show-face. Someone that can help me work through problems at home. When a child grows up without a support system, without a family, are they able to trust and eventually have a family and be normal for once? In the virtual world, that’s possible.

© Copyright 2015 Gamergirl (gamergirl1995 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042094-World-of-Warcraft-The-Virtual-Family