*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045261-The-Dust-Bunny-War
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2045261
A war breaks out between the good and evil Dust Bunnies. An idea for a childrens book.
In the year of the Great Storm. The Dust Bunnies finally ended the war that been going on for years. Humans were introduced to them for the first time. Though many had thought they were among us before that. I was one of them and my life hadn't been the same since. This is how it all began, two weeks before the Great Storm.....

I was a carefree man on my own when I met Hoppy, the leader of the good Dust Bunnies. I had cleaned and dropped a sock. Bending over to pick it up. I saw something scurry along the floor under the bed. My head swirled back to see if I saw what I thought I had.

All I found were liitle bunny prints made of dust. The were heading for the closet. On my hands and knees I followed them. So intent on them prints I forgot the closet door was closed and ran right into it.

I sat on the floor rubbing my head and heard little squeeks rise and fall in volume. It sounded like laughter. And it was coming from the closet.

Looking out through the spaces in the door, Hoppy laughed and laughed at the silly human. Next time he would have to be more careful and not leave any prints. He turned to hop to the back when the door sprung open. Catching him in the open far from cover.

"What have we here?" asked the human, looking down at the trembling thing.

"Your imagination." said the clever thinking bunny quickly.

"Does your imagination talk back to you?" asked the human.

"Sometimes. And sometimes it is the evil ones talking to me. They are always trying to get us to come over to their side."

"Who are the evil ones? Who are you? What are you?"

"I am a Dust Bunny. One of the good ones. The evil ones are bad Dust Bunnies. They are the ones who mess up things and we are left to clean up after them."

" Are there more bad Dust Bunnies than good ones?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes. I keep finding lots of dust under the bed, tables, couches and such."
© Copyright 2015 Bearclaw (buckskinjeff62 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045261-The-Dust-Bunny-War