*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046873-Not-Decided-Chapter-Three
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2046873
The third instalment of Not Decided
“So we finely meet Leric the dragoon last of a disgusting race that once stood as the protectors of this fallen world. You are not as powerful as I was lead to believe what a shame. ”
Leric looks up through blood stained eyes to see a black hooded robed man with a mask hiding his whole face the city behind him giving off an orange light as if the city was burning. Leric slowly tries to get to his feet his body battered and beaten pain coursing through him numbing his senses. Arms shaking he gets to his knees his chest piece falls to the ground with a load crash cracking the stone tile beneath its weight. The smell of fire lingers in the air and the screams and cries of villagers resonate in the distance. With a strained voice, he starts to speak.
“What have you done? Why have you done this?”
“Do you think I will reveal my masters plot? Do you take me for the type of villain that revels his true intent at the first battle with the hero? We first need to get to know one another. To answer your first question I would say that it is pretty clear I set the village on fire and let loose a giant upon them.” The robed man says with sarcastic tone.
Tears start to fall from Lerics eyes.
“But I feel this will be are only time to have a good chat. I plan on killing you then ending my task here. Don’t take it too badly this is just business.”
The robed man draws a sword and slowly walks toward Leric.
“They are innocent! Have you no honor?”
“Hello I am evil it is kind of our trade mark. Are you new to this whole hero thing don’t worry I will relive you of its heavy burden soon enough.”
“Unforgiveable…”
The robed man stops and bends down cupping his left ear with his left hand.
“What was that? I cannot hear you on account of all the crying. Can you repeat that for me?”
“Unforgiveable…”
The robed man stands back up and lets out a sigh.
“Yes, yes my actions are unforgivable. Again, I point out the fact I am evil and it is what we do. Now if you do not mind I will kill you now I have more pressing matters.”
The robe man raises his sword over his head in preparation to strike Leric.
“Good bye would be hero. I would say it was a pleaser but I would be lying”
Leric lets out a cry of rage causing the robe man to halt his attack out of surprise. A dim red light starts to glow form the back of Lerics hands growing brighter as his cry becomes louder tell it is so bright that the robe man has to turn away to shield his eyes. Lerics cry becomes a roar like that of the dragons of legend thunders shaking the very ground. He looks up at the robed man who has started to back up out of fear. Lerics blue eyes shining in the moons light start to turn red as if to reflect his inner rage. Black wings burst from his back and scales start to form all over his body like that of a snake. Fangs replace his canine teeth glinting in the moons light.
The robe man looks on in horror as this monster is formed right before his very eyes. Lerics roars of pain chilling him to the bone. With fear in his voice, he starts to speak.
“I…It can’t be the legends are true.”
Leric stands up on to his feet never taking his eyes of his enemy and begins to speak.
“May the Great Lord have mercy on you for I will not! What you have done is unforgivable in my eyes and I will cast judgment.”
Lerics black wings unfurl casting a massive shadow in the full moons light. With every exhale a small flash of black flames, linger in the air for a moment before vanishing.
“Have mercy I beg of you!” the robed man cries outs.
Leric puts his hand out in front of him palm out as a black flames swirl around his arm collecting in to his palm forming a sword.
“Mercy… No mercy!” Leric roars out as he leaps in to the air holding the black flame sword hilt up blade down to impale his enemy. Eyes like burning embers, black wings pulled back, and scales shinning in the moons light a truly terrifying sight. The robe man covers his eyes and the unexpected happens a clash of steel rings in his ears. He peeks over his wrist to see a shield of gold and radiating a golden light stopping Leric.
“Leric! This is not who you are. Remember who you serve.”
“I am home Seth.”
Seth turns around in his desk chair turning away from his notebook to see his aunt at his bedroom door looking in. Her long blond hair seems almost transparent in the light of the room. Hazel eyes seem to sparkle with a hint of youth as that of a child. Her soft features of her face are a lot like Miss Step but more childlike with what seems to be a never-ending smile. Her body is petite only adding to her child like image.
“What happened to you Seth? You are covered in bandages.”
Seth turns back around facing away from his aunt.
“It’s nothing Aunt Lora.”
Her voice changes from bubbly to sterner.
“You know I hate you calling me that call Lora or big sister.”
“Aunt Lora It is strange to call you big sister since you are my aunt and calling you by your first name is awkward.”
She exhales.
“Ok, you did not answer my question. Why are you all bandaged up?”
Seth nervously shifts in his chair.
“Like I said it is nothing.”
Seth feels Aunt Lora wrap her arms around his neck hugging him tightly and softly speaks.
“Don’t lie to me Seth. Were you bullied again at school? I can’t help you if don’t allow me to.”
Seth lets out a sigh and gives in to her. He goes in to detail telling her what had transpired that day at school. How Henry and a few others took his notebook and read from it forcing him to listen as his work was made a mockery before the entire class. How Mister Wood saved him, and how he passed out from it all then how Miss Step consoled him after it all over in the nurse’s office.
Silence fills the room as she takes in the story contemplating on what to do. Seth turns to look at his aunt who had her eyes closed the smile that was on her face is gone and seems to be deep in thought her nose scrunched up kind ok like a pig’s nose. Seth Lets out a chuckle as the image of his aunt with a pig’s nose enters his mind. She opens her right eye.
“What is so funny?”
Seth starts to laugh uncontrollable.
“It is nothing I just pictured you with a pig’s nose on.”
She pulls away from Seth placing a smile back on her face.
“What do you say we leave this pig sty and get something to eat?”
Seth smiles warmly at his aunt.
“Sure.”
© Copyright 2015 Ken Jones (kenjones2689 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046873-Not-Decided-Chapter-Three