*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048457-A-New-Punishment-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #2048457
Taylor meets Miss Underwood in Person
I arrive at the Underwood's home. The building was a beautiful example of antebellum architecture. It might seem out of place this far from the south but somehow it worked. Mrs. Underwood opened the door as I went up the front steps.
“Ahh, perfectly on time Miss Williams.”
“You can call me Taylor.”
“As you wish, Taylor.”
Her son came forward, he seemed nonchalant about meeting me.
His mother introduced him, “Taylor, this is John, John this is Miss Williams, she will be taking care of you this Summer.” He was wearing a blue polo tucked into his khakis, obviously set out by his mother, as he wore it with a hint of disdain.
“Hello Miss Williams.” he said with disregard. Mrs. Underwood looked at him with a look that could carve diamonds. He straitened up and continued, “I hope this summer goes very well,” and extended his hand.
I shook it as I responded, “As do I.”
“Head along John, Miss Williams and I need to speak.” He headed off.
“He seems like a good boy.” No reason in pointing out what she either already knows or will refuse to learn.
“He is, but sometimes he needs a nudge in the right direction. This is the list of his rules.” She passes me the list. It is incredibly restrictive, for example, 'He will use the Internet for no more than 2 hours in a single day.'
“As you see, some of the rules reference me, if there is a check by it you can fill in for me, otherwise it will still be under my discretion. I'll only be a phone call away for either of you.”
“Thank you, you also mentioned a credit card, what do you want me to use it on?”
“You can use it for food for both you and John, anything that John needs. We eat well; the food budget for both you and John will be $7,000. Oh and you can use it for gas for driving John around. Speaking of which, here is a list of his activities.”
“Okay.” I look over it, mainly soccer and volunteering. “That should be everything.”
“Thanks for doing this, I'll see you again the afternoon of the 11th.”
© Copyright 2015 taytaywilliams (taytaywilliams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048457-A-New-Punishment-Chapter-2