*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048812-Faded-Nightmare
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2048812
The past comes back to haunt you...
I still remember the screams I made that night. It all started on a date night out at a bar, when I saw a bloke I remembered, but not quite knew...

I know him. He looks too familiar for me not to know him. But where do I remember him from? Mmm... maybe I should go and talk to him, maybe he will even remember me. Although if he does remember me, it would be very awkward. "Hey I think I know you, but I can't remember your name, or where I know you from. But hey, who cares? Want to go out on a date with me?" Yeah that would not go over very well. Nice going Lydia, You can't even remember the blokes name, and yet you already want to date him. Gosh I am a fool for thinking he would actually date me. Besides, he would be just like Clark, cheat on me and then give me chocolates to make me stay. He could be a murderer for all I know!! Now that I am thinking about it, back away Lydia and quietly run away. Don't be stupid Lydia, he wouldn't attack in public, where everyone can see it. Anyways he could be like Henry, and just silently stalks you, and then you realize he is actually a good guy, and you are just a stupid, stupid, stupid fool. That's what your problem is Lydia, you judge people before you even meet them. So just go talk to him, go now you fool.

"Hi, my name is Lydia, and this might sound crazy, but I have this feeling that I know you from somewhere."

"Hey Lydia, I am shocked you don't remember me, maybe even a little hurt."

Crap, Crap!! I really do know him!! I shouldn't have come over here, I am so stupid, stupid, stupid. Why do I do these things to myself, hey Lydia lets do something fun, walk over to someone you should know, and say, "hey I know you, just can't remember, sorry I am sort of a bumbling fool." That's a great idea! I-D-I-O-T. LYDIA CALM DOWN. Wait why is he smiling at me like that? That sly smile I know so well, but how, how?? Think, think Lydia, you must remember somehow.

Well lets see there are only a couple of people who have smiled at me like that, there was Josh. We met at a party, and he instantly talked to me, but he just wanted sex, and then to ship me off where we would never see each other again. Thank goodness I had some sense to literally run away. He had those crazy eyes, that you just knew held every dimension in them, and every possible fan fiction story on the Internet. But no, it can't be him, he had brown hair, and glasses, this bloke has blonde hair. Thank goodness it isn't him, a couple of weeks after the party, I saw on the news that he was arrested for raping and murdering a 12 year old girl. It gave me shivers looking at him, I always knew he creeped me out. He is in prison, so no it can't be Josh. There was also Brandon, a college bloke I ran in France for a soccer tournament. He was quite the bloke, before he knew my name, he called me sexy, and bought me these beautiful earrings. Every time he looked at me, there was that sly smile of his. I always knew he wanted me, but he never pushed me. He just kept the flow of compliments coming, and that sly smile right towards me. It didn't work out, I went back to Britain a couple of days later, and we agreed It wasn't enough of a relationship to keep. So we parted ways, and I never saw him again. This bloke could be him, unfortunately I don't quite remember what he looked like. I have spent too long thinking, I have to say something. Well I might as well take a gander, i've already embarrassed myself enough to make children cling to their goofy parents.

"Brandon? Is that you?"

"Wow it appears you have gotten stupider, I would have thought you would have recognized me in a second."

"I am so sorry! I don't know why I forgot you."

"Well it has been a long time."

"Indeed it has, how are you?"

"Fine"

"Do you still play soccer?"

"Uhh... yeah, yeah I still play soccer, I mean I have been playing for years, um.. I mean for awhile."

"Wow 15 years you have played, wait did I remember that correctly?"

"Uh yeah sure."

"Something doesn't feel right. Are you sure you're the Brandon I know?"

"Of course Lydia, its me." There it was that sly smile, but it wasn't Brandon's. Lydia stop being stupid, of course it is Brandon, who else would it be? I looked into his eyes, and suddenly I got shivers all over my body. Wait a second.. oh no, i've made a terrible mistake.

And thats when the screaming started.
© Copyright 2015 Hopeless Devotion (maddysoanes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048812-Faded-Nightmare