*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049389-The-Wasteland-Chapter-13-20
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2049389
Terry helps a group fight a power hungry leader in Indianapolis.




Chapter 13

The man with the shotgun has slowly made his way back to his car. He sits next to the car. “Fucking bastard!” The man says to himself. The sun is starting set. The man knows he needs to find shelter fast. He uses his bloody hand to open the car door. A branch then snaps. “Who the fuck is there?” He yells looking around.

Father Isaac and seven of his followers each with assault rifles. “Who did this to you?” Father Isaac asks as he looks at the man.

“Some man with a young girl.” The man’s pain is starting to increase.

“Tell me did he have a Katana?’ Father Isaac asks.

“What the fuck is a Katana?” The man asks annoyed that Father Isaac isn’t helping him.

“A sword. Did he have a fucking sword?” He asks.

“Yeah he did.” Said the man.

“How long ago was this?” Father Isaac asked.”

“About an hour ago.” The man said moaning in pain.

Father Isaac turns around to walk away. “Hey if you’re going to kill him, let me come help. That motherfucker killed my brother.” The man yells trying to stand.

“I am sorry but you’re wounded and I can’t afford to use any supplies on you.” Father Isaac said.

“Please let me help! I’ll do anything to help!” The man begs.

Father Isaac walks over to him and bends down next to him. “Are you sure you really want to help me?”

“Yes, I want to see that asshole dead!” The man said.

“You are willing to do anything for me?” Father Isaac asks.

“Yes, now please help me!” Said the man.

“Even if that mean dying?” As he asks this Father Isaac pulls a knife from his pocket.

“Wh-“Father Isaac then slices the man’s throat. Blood gushes from his throat. Father Isaac stands up and looks at the body. He feels no remorse for killing him, though he was going to let him go but his enthusiasm made him change his mind.

“Elijah burn his body.” Elijah his Father Isaac’s second in command. He is also bald but has black tattoos instead of red.

“Won’t that destroy the sacrifice?” Elijah asks.

“His sacrifice would be weak because of his wounds. By burning the body I will be able to save the energy that I would get from his sacrifice and will be able to use the power on the next sacrifice, to give the sacrifices more power.” He explains.























                                       Chapter 14

Terry and Alice are sitting at a kitchen table with the women and her baby they rescued. The women turns out to be named Sam. Terry offers her some deer meat but she refuses. She is still trying to get over what happened to her and her child. “Why did those men want to kill you?” Terry asks but Sam doesn’t respond.

“Please talk to me.” Terry begs.

“I-I don’t know why. I didn’t do anything to them. All I had was some water and a few baby supplies. I should have just stayed at town. She said.

“What community are you from?” Alice asks.

Terry throws a piece of wood on the fire. “I am not from one of the communities. A camp was set up in Indianapolis. Part of the camp is in the old football stadium. The camp is well protected mutants and bandits.” Sam said.

“If it’s so well protected then why did you leave? Terry asks.

“I left because my baby is sick. I was trying to get to one of the communities to see if they would help my baby.” She said finally accepting food from Terry.

“You don’t have anyone to help you there?” Alice asked.

“There are a few doctors but they only help if you pay them and I don’t have any money.” She says taking a bite from the deer meat.

“Sam, traveling is only going to make your baby worse. I’ll help you get back to Indianapolis.” Terry said.

“But I don’t have any money. What I am I going to do about my baby?” She asks.

“Don’t worry. I’ll deal with that. Let’s all try and get some sleep, we’re leaving early tomorrow.” Terry said handing her his sleeping bag.

Early the next morning they are riding to Indianapolis. Light snow is falling from the sky, this is the first time it has snowed in days. Terry isn’t sure how he is going to deal with the doctors, he’ll think of something once he gets to that point. In the communities medical supplies was something everyone got, no matter how sick or hurt you were. There were a few things in the communities that you had to pay for but most of the time things were free.

Terry pulls off the highway and immediately is stopped by a fence. Two guards approach both sides of the truck. The guard on Terry’s side motions for him to roll the window down, Terry rolls it down.

“What’s your business here?” The guard asks.

“Heard that this was a safe place to go. We’ve been looking for a safe place to stay.” Terry says.

“Okay that’s good enough. There are a few things you should know while staying here. In order to get anything here, you’re going to need money so you’ll need a job. The stadium has as markets, a medical bay, job placement and the police. Looting is not allowed anywhere in the city.” The guard says and then the gates opens.

As they are driving to the stadium they pass people who have tents in parking lots, in the middle of streets and on the lawn of old rundown buildings. Terry pulls into the stadium’s parking lot and parks the car. “Take everything with you,” Terrys says as they exit the car.

The inside of the stadium is extremely crowded. They have to gently push people in order to walk forward. Terry notices booths selling food, clothes and other supplies. “Sam where is the doctor at?”

“We have to go to the football stadium, their offices are located in the locker rooms. I’ll show you the way.” Sam says as she starts to lead them to the doctor. On the football field are even more markets. Terry sees that one of the markets is selling guns and ammo. “Too bad I won’t have any money.” He thinks to himself as they pass the guns. Sam opens the door to the locker rooms.

The waiting room to the doctors is empty. “Alice stay here, we won’t be long.” Terry says as they enter one of the doctor’s rooms. Terry locks the door behind them.

“Sam, your back? Do you have the money?” The doctor asks when he sees her.

“I don’t.” She said.

“I am sorry but I can’t help you then. You know the rules.” The doctor says as he looks through a file.

“Actually you’re going to help and you’re to do it for free.” Said Terry.

“Sir, we have rules here. I couldn’t help here even if I wanted to.” The doctor tells him.

Terry grabs the doctor, pushes him against the wall and then places his revolver on his head. The last thing Terry wants to do is kill him but he will have no problem killing him if he doesn’t do what he says.

“Do you think killing me will help? You kill me and you won’t even make it out of this stadium.” The doctor said.

“If you’re not going to help her then I guess it’s a risk I’ll have to take” Terry says pressing the gun harder. Against his head.

“Okay. Sam I’ll help you.” Terry takes the gun away.

Terry walks out and sits next to Alice in the waiting room. As they sat there waiting for Sam, Terry thinks about the first time he had to kill someone. It was during the first month as a bodyguard for Major Jordan. Terry was escorting Jordan in a store when someone came in to rob the place. First thing Terry did was make sure Jordan was safe. Terry then pulled his gun out and shot the robber in the head. Terry couldn’t believe how much blood came from the wound. Jordan told him not to worry about having to kill him because he did his job but Terry couldn’t help feeling guilty about it. Not only was it his first time killing someone but it was also the first time he had seen someone die.

About five minutes later Sam come out of the room. “He’ll be okay, it was just small cold. Just have to give him some medicine two times a day.”

Sam has invited them back to her apartment. Terry is sitting on the couch cleaning his guns while Alice is helping Sam with the baby. “If you don’t have any money, how did you get his apartment?” Terry asked.

“Before my husband died I did have money. He worked for the police force here and was able to earn enough money to buy this apartment. I am one of the few people who have a place like this to live in.” She said.

“Sorry about your husband.” Said Terry.

Sam walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of wine and two glasses. She pours the wine into the glasses, walks into the living room and offers Terry the glass.

“Sorry I don’t drink.” Terry says refusing to take glass.

“Can I have it?” Alice asks.

“Sure why not.” Terry says as Sam hands her the glass.

Alice takes a sip and immediately spits it out, “This is disgusting!”

Terry and Sam laugh. Suddenly the windows bust open, two sliver containers are thrown into the room. Gas beings to fill the room. They being to cough and then falls to the ground.





                                       Chapter 15

  Father Isaac is standing next to a fire with his back to two men who are on their knees, gagged and their hand are tied Elijah is standing behind them. Father Isaac faces them, he is holding an Ax. “I gave you two one simple job. Follow Terry and tell me where he goes. How the fuck do you screw that up?” He asked.

“I don’t know sir.” One of them says.

“You don’t know? I guess you also don’t realize how important finding and killing Terry is to me-I mean us. Look Terry is very strong which means by killing him will make me even stronger. With the power I gain from his sacrifice we will be able to take over the DC Community and once we have that community we can take over the other two. You two are fucking up my plans and you know how much I hate failure.” Father Isaac says looking at the ax in this hand.

Elijah and another one of his followers force them to bend their heads. Father Isaac walks over to them and cuts their heads off. Blood squirts as the ax makes contact with the heads. “Elijah find Terry and don’t fail me!” Father Isaac yells.

  Terry wakes up bound to a chair in a room. Alice and Sam are next to him. A man in a white suit is standing at a bar with a glass in his hand. He sees that that are awake. He places the glass on the bar, walks to a desk and presses a button on the intercom.

“Come in, they’re awake.” The man says. A door opens and another man in a white suite enters, he is very muscular and tall, he stands next to Jack.

“I am Jack Thompson and this is my personal bodyguard Luke. Now that you know our names. Would you kindly tell me yours?” Jack asks.

“Yeah I’ll tell you my name. My name is go fuck yourself.” Terry says laughing.

Jack laugh softly, “That is a funny name Mr. Go fuck yourself.”  Luke walks over to Terry and punches him. His nose starts to bleed.

“Oh sorry I forgot I changed my name to, go fuck yourself dickhead.” Said Terry.

Jack laughs again, “You are a very funny man!” Jack points a gun at Alice. “I AM NOT FUCKING LAGHING ANYMORE! Say something funny one more time, and I swear to god I will blow this fucking bitch’s brains all over this fucking carpet! Now you kindly tell me your fucking name?”

“’I’m Terry and that is Alice.” Terry said.

Jack puts the gun down on the bar, grabs his glass and takes a drink. “Now that we have that taken care of, I have a few questions for you Terry. Why did you point a gun at our doctor and why did Sam not pay for medical treatment?”

“Part of it is because you are dick for charging people in a time like this.” Terry said spitting a blood from his mouth onto the ground.

“I am simply trying to restore order in this world. We must go back to how the world used to be and in that old world nothing was free and I expect that to stay the same here.” Jack explains to him.

“Money is the reason the world is like this in the first place.” Said Terry.

“Money creates order and peace. Without money here this little town would be complete chaos. Now if you want to leave here alive, you going to apologize for what you did.” Jack says as he pours whiskey into his glass.

Terry laughs, “That’s not going to happen.”

“Terry don’t make this harder than it has to be.” Jack grabs the gun again, Luke then grabs Sam and Jack points the gun at her. Sam starts to cry.

“Come on Terry, say you’re sorry and I’ll let you leave. You have three seconds. 3...2” “Okay I am sorry!” Terry yells.

“Thank you.” Jack then fires the gun. “You’re forgiven!” Jack said as the Sam’s body hits the floor. Blood pours onto the carpet.

“That is why when I tell you to do something, you do it when I fucking tell you to! He yells.

“I am going to kill you! I am going to kill you slowly, you motherfucking asshole!” Terry yells as he tries to break free. Luke then grabs Alice. She starts to cry.

“Don’t you fucking kill her!” Terry yells again.

“I am not going to kill her!” Jack rubs her face with his hand. “I am just going to make her wish she was fucking dead! Now Terry, Luke is going to make you go to sleep for a while and when you wake leave town and never fucking come back.” Jack said as Luck hit Terry multiple times, till he passes out.

Terry wakes up in the doctor’s office, he is laying on the bed. Terry slowly sits up, pain rushes to his head. The doctor then notices that Terry is awake. “Good you’re awake.” The doctors walks over to Terry. Terry quickly gets up from the bed and grabs the doctors by the throat and slams his head on the bed.

“You fucking bastard! You fucking told Jack!” Terry screams.

“No! I swear I didn’t!” The doctors tells him.

“Then how did he find out?!” Terry asks.

“Jack has many spies, someone must have told him. Terry I want to help you.” He said and Terry lets go of him. “Look I never liked charging people for medical care that was Jack’s idea. There is a man in the police force named Bill, go talk to him. He will explain more. Also we go your stuff rom Sam’s apartment.”

Terry grabs his stuff and leaves.

                                       Chapter 16

Terry walks into the small police station. “I am going kill that bastard!” Terry thinks to himself. All he can think about now is saving Alice and killing Jack. Terry walks to the front desk. “I am looking for Bill.” He says.

“He’s at his desk, it’s the first desk on the left.” A lady at the desk says. Terry walks to Bill’s desk. Bill notices Terry.

“You must be Terry? Sit down. Do you want any coffee?” Bill ask.

“Sure,” Terry said. Bill pours him a glass of coffee and hands it to him.

“Terry I have been planning something big for the past month. A plan that will give control of the town to the people.” Bill said as he takes a sip of his coffee.

“How do you plan on doing this?” Asked Terry.  “We fight,” Bill said.

“How many people do you have?” Terry asked, taking a sip of coffee.

“About twenty people that I trust in the police and most the citizens who can fight.” Said Bill.

“Seems like a good amount.” Terry says.

“Yeah but it’s still going to be a bloodshed. The remaining people on the police force will have assault rifles, teargas, and riot gear. I have managed to get a few guns on our side but it’s not a lot. We had planned on doing this yesterday but because of what happened with you we had to postpone the attack. I understand that Jack killed Sam and took the girl that was with you. Having you on our side will allow his fight to be a little easier.” Bill explained.

“How?” Asked Terry. “You will be killing Jack. I have a plan that will get you into the stadium, without being in the main fight for too long.” He tells Terry. Bill opens his decks and places what appears to be a bomb on the desk.

“Is that a bomb?” Terry asked.

“Yeah, made it myself. I made enough to place some bombs near the entrance of the stadium. The explosion should kill off a good amount of the police. That will allow you to go into the stadium, find Jack and kill him. You’ll have to get through Luke first and his security. You can use this bomb to get through his door.” Bill said pour himself another cup of coffee.

“Sound good to me. When do we start?” Terry asks.

“Soon.” Bill said.



                                       Chapter 17

Police in riot gear are standing in front of the stadium. A large group of citizens are across from the police, with some of Bill’s allies from the police force.  Bill’s allies managed to get riot gear and AK-47s for themselves and some of the citizens. Most of the citizens however have barbed wired Baseball Bats, pipes, axes, and machetes. Terry walks to the front to meet with Bill.

“Think this will be enough?” Terry asked looking at the small army Bill have gathered.

“It has to be. I managed to get you this.” Bill said handing him a bulletproof vest. “Once you’re in the stadium make your way to the suits, that’s where Jack spends most of time at.” He then hands Terry the bomb.

Terry puts the bulletproof vest on and places the bomb in his backpack. He checks to make sure his revolver is loaded and waits for the battle to start. There is then a ringing sound coming from a large speaker that placed on the outside of the stadium.

“Citizens lay down your weapons! There is no need for this situation to get out of hand. If you lay down your weapons and return to your homes, there will be no consequences. If you choose to fight all of you will die!” Jack’s voice comes through the speaker. “You have ten seconds to comply or I will order my men to fire! 10.9.8.76.-“The bombs that Bills placed go off, the impact of the explosion causes the front walls of the stadium to collapse. Some of Jack’s police force get caught in the blast

Both sides begin to fire at each other. The citizens begin to charge the police Once they reach the police they begin to attack them. One of the citizens strangles one of the police with a chain. The police force starts to retreat back into the stadium. Bill throws a few grenades into the stadium, they explode causing body parts to fly out of the stadium.

A turret then appears at the top of the stadium and begins to fire at the citizens. “Everyone take cover now!” Bill yells as he takes cover behind a bus. Terry is using a car for cover beside the bus. “Terry you need to get inside the stadium! We can handle ourselves!”

“I can’t! That turret will rip me to shreds! Cover me and I’ll shoot him with my rifle!” Terry yells as he gets his rifle ready.

Bill then starts to fire at the turret, Terry pops out of cover He looks through the scope and aims at the head of the gunman and fires. The gunman falls to the ground. Terry hands Bill the rifle,” Use this in case they get another man on the turret. I am going after Jack!”

Terry pulls his Katana out and starts to run towards the stadium. As he is running he has to use the Katana to kill a few guards who get in his way. Once in the stadium Terry finds out that the fighting inside the stadium is worse than it is outside. There are members of the police force who are bashing citizen’s heads against the walls until their heads bust open. Blood completely covers the ground.

A guard with a flamethrower appears from around a corner. Citizens begin to run and fall to ground engulfed in the flames from the flamethrower. “How they fuck did they get a flamethrower?!” Terry yells as he watches the guard slowly walk forward burning anyone who get close.

Terry hides behind a broken wall waiting for the guard to appear. Once the guard appears Terry grabs him and starts to bash the guard’s head against a wall. The office elbows Terry in the gut, Terry lets go. The guard grabs Terry by the throat and starts to choke him. Terry pulls his revolver out and shoots the guards in the head. Blood covers his face. One of the citizens grabs the flamethrower. Terry reaches a staircase and starts to head to Jack’s suit.

As he is running up the stairs a bullet hit in the arm. “Shit!” Terry yells as he places his hand on his arm to try and stop the bleeding. He looks up and sees Luke with a gun, her fires at him again but misses. Terry uses the rage he as towards both Jack and Mayor Jordan to help him continue up the stairs. 

“Just give up and die!” Luke yells. Terry reaches the top of the stairs. He then tackles Luke and begins to punch him. Terry tries to pull his revolver out but Luke uses a knife to stab him. Terry fall off of him. Luke then stands up and pick his gun up before he can turn around, Terry pulls his Katana out and cuts Luke’s arm off. Blood squirts from the wound.

Terry stands up while Luke screams in pain. Luke is on his knees still screaming. Terry places the Katana on his neck, pulls it back and this quickly cuts Luke’s head off. Terry pulls the knife out that Luke stabbed with from his arm and picks up his assault rifle. He places the bomb outside the door and presses the detonator. The bomb goes off and blasts the door opens.

Terry walks through the smoke, Jack starts to fire at him till the clip is empty, and he then throws the gun at Terry. “Don’t do this Terry! Please don’t kill me! I am sorry! I am fucking sorry!” Jacks yells as Terry walks towards him. Terry then shoots Jack in the leg, Jacks uses his table to keep himself from falling. “Damn it, you fucking asshole!”

Terry walks to Jack and then shoots him in the other leg. “Stop fucking shooting me!” Jack yells in pain.

Terry then picks Jack up and slams him on his desk, placing the gun against his head. ‘Terry I understand you’re angry but you have to understand that did everything because I thought I was helping everyone!” Jack pleas.

“Yeah charging people for medical care is really helping them.” Terry says sarcastically.

“What will killing me accomplish?” Jack asks him.

“I am not sure but I am going to enjoy killing you.” Terry said.

“Fuck you!” Jack says as he spits at Terrys face.

Terry wipes the spit off his face and then begins to stab Jack multiple times in the stomach. He pulls the knife out and slices his throat. His face, hands and shirt are covered with blood. Terry starts to look for Alice. He sees a door that is halfway open and enters it.

Terry drops the gun and runs over to Alice who is tied to a bed with her pants and shirt off. Her face is bruised and bloody, and cigarette burns cover her stomach, arms and legs. He unties her from the bed. “Alice?!” She don’t respond.

“Alice, come on wake up!” He checks her pulse. “Still breathing! I need to get you some medical help!” Terry says as he picks her up and starts to run of the room.

                             Chapter 18

Terry is sitting in the doctor’s office packing some medical supplies. The doctor has taken care of his wounds but he still has a small amount of pain in his arm. Terry lights a cigarette and starts to think about how he is going to kill Mayor Jordan. He has though of many ways he is going to kill but he hasn’t thought of the perfect way yet. What he did to Jack is humane compared to what he wants to do to Jordan. Bill walks into the room and leans against the wall.

“You know you can stay. If it wasn’t for you we’d all be dead.” Bill said.

“I can’t. I made a promise to Alice and after everything that has happened to her I need to keep that promise more than ever.” Terry said zipping his backpack and placing his on his back.

“Well if you ever change your mind, you’re always welcome here.” Bill says as they shake hands.

Terry starts to drive passing the citizen who managed to survive. Dead bodies lay on the ground. Before Terry gets on the highway, he pulls a water bottle out and taps Alice on the shoulder who is facing the window sleeping. She then wakes and looks at him. Her face is still severely bruised and scarred. She sees the water bottle but pushes it away.

“You need to drink some water so you don’t get dehydrated” Terrys said pushing the water back at her.

“I don’t want any fucking water!” She yells pushing it away again and goes back to sleep. If Terry had known what Jack had done to Alice before he killed him he would have taken his time with him.

Later on Alice is sitting on a couch in a living room, a small fire has been built. The door to the house opened, wind blow into the house, almost blowing the fire out. Terry walks to the fire, he is carrying around ten medium sized logs, and he places two in the fire and sets the rest down next to the fire. Terry sits on the couch next to her.

“Have you ate anything?” Terry asked her. She doesn’t respond. “You need to eat something. Alice then opens Terry’s backpack and takes an already opened can of bean out and slowly starts to eat. “Thank you. Do you want to talk about what happened?” Terrys asked.

“No, I don’t want to talk about what happened. Just leave it alone!” Alice yells throwing the can of beans on the ground.

“I am just trying to talk to you!” He yelled.

“I don’t want to talk! Talking won’t change anything that happened!” She shouted.

“I am sorry. I just thought you would want to talk about it.” Terry said starting to calm down.

“Well I don’t. If you really want to talk about something, let’s talk about why you didn’t save Sam!” Alice yelled.

“What the fuck was I supposed to do! I was tied to a chair! If I would have tried something he would have killed us all!” He yelled.

“Did you at least kill them?’ Alice asks.

“Yes, and they suffered.” Terry said calmly.

“Do you want to know another reason to why I left?” She asked. Terry shakes his head yes. “I left because of my dad. He was extremely abusive. I tried to leave a few times but he caught me. I finally managed to run away because I-I had killed him.” She said crying.

“You killed him?” He asks.

“I killed him when he came home drunk. I had hid a knife under my pillow just in case I would need it. He came into my room and before he would touch me I stabbed the knife deep into his throat. I packed up my stuff and left. That also why I can never return to D.C.” She said.

“I am very sorry about what happened to you.” Said Terry. Alice then stands up from the couch, unzips her sleeping bag and gets in it.



                                       Chapter 19

Back at Indianapolis the citizens have begun to rebuild the part of the stadium that was destroyed in the fight. Most of the bodies that had covered the ground when Terry had left have been removed, but blood is still visible. Those who were loyal to Jack have complied with Bill and have been allowed to rejoin the force. However there some who have remained loyal to Jack even with him dead. Bill has ordered them to be executed by a firing squad.

Father Isaac and his followers approach the stadium. He looks at the citizens and begins to think about which ones he will use as sacrifices. Bill notices Isaac and his men and walk towards them, “How can I help you?” He asks

Father Isaac then shoots him in the head. Guns are then aimed at him. His followers aims their guns at the citizens. “Put your guns down! There is no more need for violence. I was just simply showing what I can do if you do not corporate with me. Now I have reason to believe that a man with a girl around the age of fifteen was here. I need to know how long there were here for and when they left.” Father Isaac ask placing his gun on the ground. No one answers him.

“I see that my demonstration was not enough. Very well.” He then uses his hand to signal to Elijah. Elijah then grabs an elderly women, she screams. Isaac then pulls a knife out and slowly slices her throat. The citizens gasp as the blood pours. There is still no answer. “Corporate with me or I will kill every single one of you motherfuckers, one by one!” He yelled!

The doctor then runs forward pushing people out of his way. “Please don’t hurt anyone else!”

“I won’t if you tell me what I want to know” He says.

“You promise if I tell you, you will leave and never come back?” The doctor asks.

“I promise.” Father Isaac lied.

The doctor knows he has no choose but to tell him, he could lie but he knows if he finds out that he was lying he would come back and kill them. “I assume you are talking about Terry and Alice? They left about two days ago. Terry told me that they would be stopping in Vegas for a few days before reaching LA. That’s all I know.”

Father Isaac smiles,” Thank you for your corporation.” Father Isaac then turns around and faces Elijah.” Elijah you have a lead now, find them. As for the rest of you, kill them all. “He orders.

“You promised!” The doctor reminds him.

“I lied!” He laughs coldly. He starts to walk away as his men begin to slaughter the citizens.



















                         

                                            March





















                                       Chapter 20

Terry and Alice are walking towards a supermarket. They are a day’s trip for Vegas. A few days ago their truck had stolen from while they were sleeping. Alice was supposed to be keeping watch but she had fallen asleep.

“We need to take a break, we’ve been walking for hours! I am cold, wet and me feet are killing me!” Alice complains.

“Well if you wouldn’t have fallen asleep during your watch then our truck would still be here.” He reminds her.

“I told you I was exhausted!” She cries.

“It doesn’t matter how tired one of us is. When one of us is on watch we do whatever it takes to stay awake. We’re lucky that all they took was the car, they could have killed us.” Terry said. There is a loud clap of thunder followed by a bright flash of lightening.

“I am sorry it won’t happen again.” Alice apologizes.

“It better fucking not.” Said Terry.

They are walking in the parking lot of the supermarket. The parking lot is filled with rusty cars. Terry looks into one of the cars as they pass and can see a skeleton in the driver seat. “What are we doing here?” Alice asked looking at the building. “I want to get some supplies before reaching Vegas.” Said Terry.

“Why not wait till we get to Vegas and loot the buildings there?” She asks.

“We don’t know what is there. It’s possible that it could be abounded or there could be a community like the one from Indianapolis. Bandits could also inhabit it. Main thing I want to find is ammunition, we’re running extremely low. If we get into another firefight like last time then we could get killed without more ammo.” He tells her.

Terry opens the door.” We need to search fast, it getting close to nighttime and I don’t want to be caught outside at night.” Terry said remembering the mutants. They haven’t ran into  mutants since their first encounter but that is because Terry has made sure not to travel at night but with the weather starting to become warmer they are likely to run into them during the day.

The inside of the store is dark except for some light coming from flickering light. There are some cans of food laying on the ground. Each of the aisles have tall cabinets. Terry is pack at the hunting section of the store. He picks up a box of magnum round but it is empty. He throws the box on the ground. He does find some ammo for the rifle. Alice then appears carrying a blue skateboard.

“Terry! Look at what I found! “She places the skateboard on the ground and tries to ride it but falls to the ground. Terry laughs as she continues to try and use the skateboard. “If I could figure out how to use this thing I think it could be a lot of fun. I am going to keep it.’

“It might be but we can’t afford to take it with us.” Terry said.

“Why not?” She asked.

“Food and ammo are our top priorities. That is going to slow us down.” He tells her.

‘This thing is awesome though! I may never find another one!” She begs him to let her keep it.

“If you leave this here, I’ll help you find another one when we get to LA. Do we have a deal?” Terry asks.

She thinks for a few seconds,” Fine but you owe me.”

There is then the sound of engine pulling up to the store. Doors open and close, Terry can hear voices. The door opens and two men each carrying shotguns enter the store. “Take the left side of the store. If you see any of those devils, pin them on the ground and use your knife to cut their head off. “One of the looters said.

The looter on the left side starts to walk but then stops, “What if I see real people?” He asks.

“You kill them and take their fucking stuff.” He reminds him.

“Oh sorry I had forgotten.” He says starting to walk again.

“Fucking idiot” The first looter said as he lights a cigar.

Terry see that they are next to a bathroom, “Alice I need you to hide go and hide in the bathroom.” He tells her.

“What? No, I want to help!” she said.

“It will easier for me to take them on my own.” Terry said.

“There are only two of them! We both can take them out!” She tries to reason with him.

“Damn it, don’t argue with me on this! Just fucking listen to me for once!” She grabs her by the arm and pushes her into the bathroom. Terry starts to slowly walk away, keeping an eye out for the looters.

The second looter is walking down one of the aisles, he kicks a empty can down the aisle. “How could I forget that I kill the real people?!” He says as he hits himself a few times with the end of the shotgun. “I am supposed to kill them and take their fucking stuff! Why can’t I remember?!” He hits himself again.

The looter then bends down, unzips his backpack and starts to put some of the empty cans in the backpack.  Terry then appears at the end of the aisle. He slowly walks to the looter, he carefully avoids the cans that are on the ground. “I kill them and take their fucking stuff! If I forget again, he’ll take me down to the basement and hit me with the baseball bat! I don’t want to be hit with the bat again! I have to remember!”  Terry is behind the looter. He pulls his knife out, Terry places the knife around the man’s neck. He then covers the man’s mouth so that he can’t scream. Before the looter can react, Terry cuts his throat. There are then footsteps at the end of the aisle. Terry grabs and shotgun.

“Jeff!? Where the fuck are you?” He yells looking around for him. “Jeff, you better fucking answer me! The bat is in the car and I am more than happy to fucking use it!” He then sees Jeff’s body laying on the floor. “Asshole are you fucking sleeping?”

He walks toward Jeff and then kicks him. “Wake up!” The looter then sees blood on the floor and sees that his neck is slit. “Shit! Guys someone got Jeff! Get the fuck in here!” The man yells to the rest of the men who are waiting in the car.

Suddenly Terry appears in a few feet from him. He aims the shot gun and fires at his leg. The shot gun blast takes most of his leg off. “You fucking bastard!” The looter screams in pain. Terry walks over to the man and aims the shotgun at his head. “You’re a fucking dead man! There are five other people out there! I hoping they fucking kill you slowly!”

“Looking forward to it!” Terry said as he pulls the trigger.

The five looter enter the store. “Zach? What the hell happened?” There is no answer. “You two go take the left side, rest of you follow me!”

Terry puts the shotgun in the back of his pants. He then climbs to the top of the cabinet. Terry sees the two men, both of them are carrying AK-47S. Terry takes his katana out, and then pulls his magnum from the holster and checks the chamber. He has three bullets left. The two men start to walk down the aisle where their dead friends are at. They both see the dead bodies. “We need to find the asshole who did this fast.” One of the looter says.

Terry then jumps down behind them. He stabs the katana through the back of the looter on the right. The other looter turns around before he can aim his AK, Terry shots him in the stomach. He then pulls the katana out and slices the looters head off.

“Two more of your friends are dead dickhead! Get the fuck out of here and I’ll let you live!” Terry yells.

The looters laugh,” You must a fucking idiot if you think we are going to leave without killing you!” One of the looters says. Terry fires the rifle and the bullet hits one of the looters in the head. Blood splatters on the other twos faces.

“Come and find me asshole!” Terry yelled.

Terry is using the shadows to quickly more around. Carefully avoiding anything that will give away his position. The last of the looters are slowly walking down the aisles looking for him. “You must not really care about your friends? Taking an awfully long time to fine me.” Terry says laughing.

Terry then fires the rife again. The bullet hits the other looter in the head, more blood. “Just you and me motherfucker!”

“No more game! Where are you?!” The looter says panicking. “Turn around!” Terry whispers.

The looter turns around and sees the end of the rifle about to hit him. He dodges the attack. The looter then punches Terry in the face, Terry steps back. The looter charges at Terry and tackles him to the ground. He is on top of Terry punching him, blood appears from his nose. Terry manages to grab his knife. Terry stabs the looter in the neck with the knife. He pulls the knife out and pushes him to the ground. Terry can hear the looter choking on his own blood. Terry stands up and split blood from his mouth onto the ground.

“Should have taken my deal fucker!” Terry pulls his revolver out and fires it at the looters head. He places the gun back in his holster. He slowly starts to walk towards the bathroom. As he is walking to the bathroom he grabs two of the AK-47S.

“You can come out now.” He says as he knocks on the door to the bathroom.

Alice opens the door, he sees the blood coming from his nose. “You’re hurt!”

“Yeah the last guy got a few good hits on me, nothing I couldn’t handle though. Grab you bag and let’s get out of here.”

Once they exit the store they immediately stop. “Holy shit!” Terry says as he see five mutants standing in the middle of the parking lot.  One is holding a head with blood dripping on the ground, another one has half of a body with intestines falling out.

“What we going to do?” She ask looking disgusted at what the mutants are doing.

“We have to fight them.” He says pulling his Katana out.

A red SUV then appears in the parking lot. The SUV speeds towards the mutants and runs over two of the mutants, they are trapped under the wheels. The doors opens and two heavy men with long black hair exit the truck, they are both carrying axes. They chop the head of the mutants who are trapped under the wheels.  The one on the driver side looks at Terry and Alice.

“Care to put that sword of your to use?” The man asks.

Terry cuts the legs off of an approaching mutant. It falls to the ground, Terry then cuts the head of the mutant off. The two guys finish off of the last of them. “Well that was fun. We should probably introduce ourselves. I’m Phil and this is my cousin Eric.” Phil says pointing to Eric.

“I’m Terry and this is Alice.” Terry said as he puts his Katana away.

“So where are you guys headed?” Eric asks.

“LA, but were going to check out Vegas since it’s on the way. Said Terry.

“Holy shit, we live in Vegas!” Says Phil.

“Is it a community?”  Terry asks.

“No, it’s just a group of close friends. We tried to live in the LA community but we don’t like to be restricted by rules. So we decided to take our chances out in here, where we are free to do whatever the fuck we want to do.” Eric said rolling his own cigarette and lighting it. There is then multiple loud dog like howls.

“We should continue this conversation in the car. As much fun as I had killing those fuckers, I really don’t feel like having a round two.” Said Phil opening a door to the SUV. They get into the SUV.

© Copyright 2015 fobers95 (fobers95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2049389-The-Wasteland-Chapter-13-20