*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2051900-Some-shitty-Weeb-story-I-wrote-long-ago
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2051900
"The Infamous Esper Club of Oak Dragon High School" or TIECoODHS for short. What a title.
         It was another boring day in school. I had my cheek in my palm as I daydreamed out the window. I could see the kids in the lower grades playing soccer in the field nearby. It must be their recess which means it's noon. I snapped out of my haze and looked at the clock on the opposing wall. 12:02. My hunch was right, only 28 more minutes till class is over and luch starts.

         I was so hungry that my mouth was salivating at the thought. It was my favorite day, Pizza Day! The school orders their pizza from the pizza joint down the road, so it's really good for school food. I always get pepperoni cause it's my favorite, and the people there really know how to make a pepperoni pizza! Infact they're a bit of a local legend. They're really just a small family owned Mom n' Pop shop so they put a lot of effort into making their food as good as possible.

         "Hey, quit thinking about food. Everyone can hear your stomach rumbling." I looked over towards the girls voice to see Sarah scouling back at me. Behind her glasses her green eyes shimmered with apathy, which I didn't think was possible until now.

         "I can't help it, you know how I get on Pizza Day... Besides I didn't have breakfast this morning." I replied. I skipped breakfast because I slept in and didn't want to be late. Well actually, I would have been fine with being late, but Sarah would have boiled me alive.

         "Well that's not our problem is it?" She replied harshly. Right after saying that she returned her gaze to the teacher. It was obvious that she didn't want to continue speaking with me. She was the opposite of your typical ditzy blonde, sharp in both wit and temper. I finally realized that everyone in the class was paying attention to our conversation and had gone dead silent. There was no sound left to fill the silence so the teacher cleared his throat and continued with his lecture like nothing happened.

         I looked back at the clock. 12:03.

         "Man this is taking forever!" I whispered to myself in frustration.

         "It wouldn't seem so long if you were actually paying attention" Sarah whispered back. Apparently she could hear me.

         "You must have the ears of a rabbit" I whispered even quieter. I waited a few seconds for her responce but it seems she didn't hear me. "How dissapointing".

         I returned to staring back out the window to make the time go by faster.

         I wonder what other people think of when they daydream? Maybe they have some dumb action hero fantasy? Or maybe they think about the person they like? Or maybe they think of more contempletive things, like this. Maybe they don't think of anything and just let their minds wander. Hmm. Maybe I should just try that...

Some time later...


         I wonder what other people think of when they daydream... Wait a minute, I was thinking about that earlier... I'm right back where I started...

         I took the opportunity to look back at the clock. 12:28. Holy crap, that was longer than I thought it was... I guess thinking of nothing really works.

         Looks like the teach is finishing up his lecture right now. I start packing up my stuff so I can get out the door as fast as possible. Sarah's doing the same but she has a lunchtime club meeting to get too. She's part of the fencing club and she's one of the best. I'd go as far to say that she's the last person I'd want to go up against in a sword fight. She's that good.

         The bell signaling the beginning of lunch rings. I grab my bag and spring through the doorway, knocking down anything in the way, including a couple students. I don't care who gets hurt, it's Pizza Day, goddammit! As I fly down the hallway aproaching mach 10 I catch a glimpse of my friend Totomaru. He's heading down to my classroom to meet with Sarah for the fencing club meeting. Officially, they're partners for some kinda two person fencing competition. Unnofficially, I think they got something more than fencing going on, if you know what I mean.

         "Hey Totomaru!" I shout as I fly by.

         "Seeya later Esper-boy!" he yelled from quite some distance behind me. Now normally I don't let anyone call me 'Esper-boy' but Totomaru's the only exception. Why? Cause he's the only other Esper in school. In fact he's the only other Esper in the world as far as I know. We would form an Esper club but you need at least three members...

         As I approach the cafeteria I realized that I overshot and am going way too fast! I dig my heals into the linoleum tiles, but it isn't enough! I keep sliding, the friction setting the linoleum tiles alight! But suddenly salvation steps into my path! The lunch lady! I like to call her Big Bertha, but her real name is Helga. I slam into her massive gut sending somewhere around 5,000,000 Joules of energy forward into her stomach, but the old hag doesn't budge an inch! Fire crews who were on standby rush in and extinguish the flames. It looks like they anticipated my speedy arrival this time.

         I'm first in line in the cafeteria. The smell is intoxicating, as it floods my nostrils with overwhelming force!

         "Truly this is the ambrosia of the gods!" I grab a piece and bring it to my lips. Seconds before I dig in I hear a familiar voice.

         "Close your mouth, your drooling all over your desk." I realize I'm still in class and was just daydreaming. Furthermore my desk is indeed covered in slobber. Sarah stares at me with a look of both apathy and disgust.

         I look at the clock and realize that there's five more minutes till lunch. Why must fate hold me back from my beloved? I decide to pack up early and just bide my time. Surely five minutes can't be that long. I look at Sarah and she's doing the same.

         "You have a fencing meeting right?" I ask as I recall my daydream. Did I actually remember that or was it just a figment of my imagination?

         Sarah looks taken aback at my question. She didn't expect me to remember something like that. "Yeah, how'd you know" she asks somewhat nervously.

         "You could say it came to me in a dream" I replied trying to sound as mysterious as possible.

         "Like a daydream?" She replies flatly.

         Damn, she has me pegged... I didn't expect her to be so sharp... Could it be... Is she a mind reader?!?!?! Oh crap if she can read minds, then she knows that I'm on to her... Her expression hasn't changed... Maybe she isn't... Or maybe she's just hiding it!!! I should think of something that would shock her! Hey Sarah, Totomaru say's your a really good lay... No change... So she isn't a mind reader.

         "Why are you staring at me like that!?" she yells at me.

         "No reason, no reason at all..." She decides she doesn't want in on my idiocy and looks back towards the teacher.

         The bell signaling the beginning of lunch rings again.

         "Hey Sarah, do me a favor and give me a pinch"

         She does one better and delivers a crushing right hook to my jaw, shattering it in several places and leaving my in agonizing pain. Or atleast that's what it felt like. She sauntered away leaving me crumpled in a heap on the floor, like a bear skin rug that someone threw away haphazardly.

         After momentarily blacking out I regained my composure and stood up.

         "I've come too far to be defeated so easily" I announce to the empty room. I made my way to the cafeteria at a more moderate pace than last time. When I arrive the lunch line is pretty long, but it's worth waiting for such amazing pizza. I take my place and my mind wanders again.

         I'm distracted from my daydreaming by a casual greeting from Totomaru.

         "Hey Esper-boy" he shouts as he walks past the cafeteria.

         "Have fun with your girlfriend in the fencing club" I shout back.

         "She's not my girlfriend! We're just in the club together!" Totomaru was a bit flustered in his response.

         "Denying it only proves it more!" I egg him on, but instead he shuts up walks away. I revel in my victory for a few seconds but then it hits me. What's Sarah gonna do to me for this... I'm dead. May as well enjoy the last day of my life so I talk the luch lady into giving me a third slice and sit down to enjoy my last meal. It's flavor is somewhat spoiled by my impending doom.

         "Mind if I sit?" said a meak voice. I look up and see a girl from our school. She's not in my class but I've seen her around. She had long dark hair that was always in her face and dark violet eyes that complimented eachother.

         "Sure." She sits down and just kinda stares at me for a moment. "Uh, I don't think we've met. What's your name?" She looks startled by my forward-ness.

         "Uh, it's Kathy, but you can just call me Kate." She smiles along with her friendly introduction. I think she's proud of how good it sounded out loud.

         "Nice to meet you, I'm-" I begin to say.

         "Oh, I know you," she bursts forth "your the famous Molecular Esper of Oak Dragon High School!"

         "My reputation precedes me. My actual name is Ryushi, but no one seems to care for that one."

         "Well no offence but that's just kinda boring." She offers an explanation. "No one wants to hear about the famous Ryushi who likes to eat pizza alone."

         "I see your point, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that I had to tell you my name." I glared at her for her insolence, but let it go after a few seconds. "Anyways Kate, what did you want to talk to me about?"

         She put on a serious face.

         "There's a third Esper besides you and Totomaru."

         I freeze. Could she be serious... I've spent my entire life looking out for others and suddenly one's just fallen into my lap. I can't let this lead get away.

         "Who is it? How do you know they're an Esper?" I ask frantically.

         She pauses and looks down at the table for a second. She looks back up at me with a very serious face.

         "It's me." She looks so serious. She can't possibly be lying to me.

         "Prove it." I ask almost threateningly.

         "I'm a telepath."

         The words simply manifest themselves in my mind. She takes on a somewhat more determined expression.

         "Do you believe me now?"

         I don't know how to respond.

         "Yeah I believe you" I say increduously. "Why did you come to me?"

         "Whay do you mean?" She asks confused. "You're the only other Espers I know, so I thought I should tell you."

         "I guess that makes sense. Have you told Totomaru?" I ask.

         "No. Atleast not yet." With that she laughs and her smile returns to her face.

         "Well what are we sitting here for? We finally have enough members for an Esper Club!" I announce emphatically. I grab her hand and start running for the classroom with little regard for the safety of others.

         "Slow down" Kate pleads, but I ignore her cry for mercy. The situation is simply too important! I grip her hand tighter and run even faster than before. The death toll for our rampage is already in the hundreds... A poor group of schoolgirls saw us coming but simply couldn't get out of the way. We smashed through sending mini-skirts and hair extensions flying everywhere. The chaos was paramount to a large scale war.

         As I flew through the door of the classroom I was greeted by a familiar right hook. Sarah had once again broken my jaw and laid me out flat on the floor. Apparently she heard about my little girlfriend joke. Kate was somewhere under me squirming to get free, but she was trapped. I was still gripping her now broken hand.

         Sarah saw the poor girl struggling under my lifeless form and helped her up. She seperated us and severed my last remaining link to the physical world. I drifted off and headed toward the light.

"Oh no you don't!" Sarah shouted as she grabbed my ethereal form by the scruff and pulled me back into the physical world.

I awoke with Totomaru, Sarah and Kate standing over my corpse. Wait a minute, I wasn't dead. Sarah had actually saved me, right after she killed me.

         "Totomaru, we have urgent Esper business to get to." I proclaim as I arose from my tomb. "We have a new member to swell our ranks!"

         "What ranks?" He genuinely didn't know what I was talking about.

         "We finally have a third member" I remind him.

         "You mean there's a third Esper?" His normal carefree attitude was replaced by a very serious one.

         "Yes, and she's with us right now." His gaze goes instantly to Sarah.

         "I knew you were a mindreader!" He shouts. What can I say, great minds think alike.

         "No you idiot" Sarah retorts as she shatters his jaw.

         "No it's Kate" I say to Totomaru's now lifeless form. He doesn't respond. It seems Sarah shattered his spirit aswell. Suddenly he jumps back to life, startling me.

         "This pipsqueak? I don't believe it. How do you know she's an Esper." He examines Kate up and down. She sqirms under his heavy gaze.

         "She's a telepath. Just show him Kate." Suddenly Totomaru takes on the same incredulous expression I had earlier. "See what I mean?"

         "Yeah. So we finally have enough people for our Esper Club!" Totamaru takes on a triumphant pose. I join him.

         "We'll finally be recognized by the student council!" I cheer!

         "You know, you don't have to join their club if you don't want to." Sarah butts in "the fencing club has some openings if you're interested."

         "Nice try Sarah, you're trying to steal her up for yourself. You think her Esper abilities will help your crummy fencing team." I catch her red handed.

         "Actually your Esper club sounds nice" Kate interjects.

         "Then it's settled! We will be the famous Oak Dragon High School Esper Club!" Totomaru and I make dramatic poses to commemorate such an awesome decree!

The next day...


         We went to the student council and since we met all the requirements to form a club they had no choice but to accept it. Since we were officially a club we had access to a room in the old school building and all kinds of school resources. We decided that everyday after school we would meet in the clubroom for an hour and do whatever it is that the Esper Club decides to do.

         When I arrived at the clubroom Totomaru and Kate were already there. Sarah apparently tagged along with her boyfriend aswell. They had set up a big table in the middle of the room. Since I was the leader I got to sit at the long end, facing the door.

         We sat for a few seconds in silence. The clock above the doorway loudly ticked. Tick-toc-tick-toc-tick-toc-tick-toc. Kate raised her hand and broke the silence.

         "What exactly is the purpose of the Esper Club?" She asked.

         "The purpose of the Esper Club is to collect information on all known Espers, collect info on Espers in general and to facilitate public education on Espers." I reply purposefully.

         "The Esper creed is to use ones powers for the betterment of others and society in general." Totomaru follows without missing a beat.

         "But overall the Esper Clubs purpose is to unite all Espers as one!" We recite in unison.

         Kate and Sarah are taken aback.

         "I am Ryushi the famous Molecular Esper of Oak Dragon High School!" I proclaim

         "And I am Totomaru, the less famous but still famous Shadow Esper of Oak Dragon High School!" Totomaru joins in.

         Kate jumps to her feet.

         "And I am Kate, the not at all famous Telepathic Esper of Oak Dragon High School!"

         "And Together we form the Oak Dragon High School Esper Club!" We shout in unison.

         Sarah is paralyzed out of shock. She had no idea we could pull something like this out of nowhere. She puts on a relieved smile.

         "I was worried about this little Esper Club of yours but you guys obviously know what you're doing." Sarah sighs reluctantly.

         "Actually we stayed up all night practicing that" Kate confesses guiltily.

         "You're not supposed to tell her that!" Totomaru shouts.

         "I knew something wasn't right" Sarah scouls. I swear her eyes were glowing red.

         At this point I'm not exactly sure what happened. I suffered some kind of head wound obviously but it's all kind of a blur. Totomaru and I were terminated with extreme prejudice but Kate was spared because she was too naive not to fall into our evil plan. We awoke several hours and 3 pints of blood later. Sarah was lecturing Kate on our insidious ways but was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door.

         We weren't sure what to expect. This was our first visitor.

         "I'll get it" said kate as she hurried to the door.

         When she opened the door we were greated by a tall man in a long dark coat. He wore a wide brimmed hat that cast a shadow that obscured his face.

         "Is this the Esper Club?" The shady man asked.

         "Yes," Kate responded cheerily "I'm Kate."

         "Prefect." He said as he grinned.

         Suddenly he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Kates face, only mere inches away.

         I quickly used my telekinesis to produced a wall of solid air in front of the gun.

         BANG-ZIP!

         He fired but the bullet ricoched and shattered in a million different directions. Suddenly the pistols barrel was forced under the gunmans own chin, his finger still on the trigger. I looked to Totomaru. He was using his Shadow Dance ability to force the mans hand. He had the same pose as the gunman but mirrored. Kate collapses to the floor from shock but Sarah manages to catch her and lay her down.

         "What should we do with him?" said Totomaru and the gunman in unison. "I say we ice the bastard."

         "No, hand me the gun." I say. Totomaru forces the gunman to hand me the pistol. I unload it and place it on the table. "She should be fine, I deflected the bullet." I say to Sarah "Totomaru, can you read him?"

         "No," the gunman and Totomaru say together. "His mind is impenetrable!"

         "How's that possible?" I ask desperately.

         "I don't know but it freaks me out." They say together. "We should do something quick, he might have reinforcements."

         "You're right. I'll knock him out." I suspended the flow of blood in his carotid arteries depriving his brain of oxygen and rendering him unconcious. He collapses to the floor in a heap. Totomaru grabs him and drags him to the corner of the room as I slam the door closed.

         "So, who are they?" Sarah asks shakily.

         "Someone who doesn't like us." Totomaru says.

         "Not us, he was targeting Kate. He ignored us and just tried to kill her." I interject.

         "Why would he want to kill her?" argued Totomaru. "It would make sense for them to target someone more well known."

         "Hey search him, he might have something on him." Suggests Sarah.

         "Good idea" I say as I remove the mans coat. "All he has on him is another magazine of ammo and a knife. He must be an assassin."

         "That checks out." says Totomaru "What about his pockets?"

         "Empty, except $50 in cash." I reply. "What's the money for?"

         "Bus fare?" Totomaru suggests. I scoul at him seriously.

         "No seriously, how do you think he got here?" Totomaru persists "He might have a car out front or something."

         "Hmm, makes sense. Do you really want to-" I was cut of by a hard thump to my chest.

         The pain in my chest was like a dull ache at first but quickly became an overwhelming burning pain. I looked down and saw blood soaking into my shirt. In the center of the stain was the rear end of a very large bullet. I had instinctively stopped the bullet with my telekinesis, only letting it penetrate a half inch.

         "Are you okay!" Shouts Kate from Sarah's arms.

         I'm brought back to reality by Kates voice. I quickly pull the searing hot bullet out and clutch my chest.

         "I'm fine." I growl. I calculate where the bullet must have came from, judging from the whole in the window and where I was standing when I was hit. It was fired from the top of the apartment building across from the old school. I see the sniper taking aim for another shot.

I quickly solidify the air directly in front of me.

         PANG!

         The snipers second round slams into my wall of solid air, directly in front of my face. I focus on the area around the sniper, about 300meters from me. I grab the water in the air and collect it around him.

         He's noticed the drastic change in humidity and has begun saying something into a radio.

         I focus on the very molecules of water and seperate them into their base elements, hydrogen and oxygen and rapidly increase their temperature.

         BOOM!

         The hydrogen in the air lights on fire and explodes, consuming the sniper in the fireball and obliterating him. The shock wave shatters the windows of the apartment building and sets off nearby car alarms.

         "These people are serious." I say turning to face Sarah.

         "Are you gonna be okay?" Sarah asks genuinely concerned.

         "I'll be fine." I say confidently. "Have you forgot that I'm the famous Molecular Esper of Oak Dragon High School." I say as I fuse the wound shut with my powers.

         "I don't know who these amateurs are but they're starting to get on my nerves." Totomaru growled angrily.

         "We're sitting ducks here." said Sarah.

         "Yeah, but where can we go in this state?" Totomaru argued.

         "I'm fine," said Kate as she got up. "You don't have to worry about me dragging you down."

         I pause for a minute to think. We need to get to the bottom floor of the old school building and the closest route would be through the west stairwell, which is just outside the club room. If they have reinforcements in the hallway we'll be stuck in a bottleneck trying to get out of this room. The doorway is an obvious deadzone. We'll need some way of defending the doorway and striking back at the same time.

         "Alright, here's the plan. Kate, your telepathy works two ways right?"I ask

         Kate nods.

         "I need you to keep up communications, Okay?"

         "I can do that." She affirms.

         "Good, now Totomaru, You'll be running interception. Use you Shadow Dance technique to stop anyone attacking. Use them against there friendlies if you have to."

         "Can do."

         "Sarah, you'll be our medic. If someone get's hurt, it's your responsibility to rescue them."

         "I understand." She replies.

         "Great, I'll be defense. I'll keep the rest of you from getting shot." I announce. "Alright, everyone form up behind me." We form up in a single file line behind the door with me in front, Kate behind me, Sarah behind her and Totomaru in back. "On 3. 1... 2... 3!"

         I throw the door open and leap forward. There were more reinforcements than we anticipated.

         BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

         Automatic fire slammed into my shield of air from both sides of the hallway. The men who were firing didn't look like assassin's, they looked like soldiers.

         "Totomaru, your up!"

         I simply willed the words into existence and Totomaru heard them. He leapt forward and chose a particularily tough looking soldier. Totomaru took the same pose as him and suddenly they were linked. He flipped aroung and unloaded right into his teammates with his LMG, killing and wounding most of them, before taking his own life with his sidearm. The power of Totomaru's Shadow Dance ability is incredible.

         The soldiers on the other side saw what happened to their friendlies and ceased firing. I took advantage of the opportunity and shoved my shield of solid air straight towards them. It hit them with unflintching rigidity and sent them flying down the hallway.

         This was our chance. We ran past the corpses that Totomaru's rampage left and towards the west stairwell of the old school building. We were on the third floor and went down two flights of stairs with no enemy resistance.

         "Did they retreat?" Totomaru asked.

         "They might be holed up on the first floor. Be prepared for an ambush." I advised.

         When we exited the stairwell into the first floor we were alone.

         "Why is it so quiet?" asked Kate nervously.

         "I don't know. Could it be possible that they retreated?" I suggested. "We did take out a fair few of their guys."

         "Seems too easy if you ask me." Said Totomaru.

         "Indeed that would be" said a voice.

         "Kate, who was that?" I asked.

         "I don't know." Kate said "It wasn't me, there must be another telepath."

         A tall woman with red hair in a ponytail emerged out of nowhere. In her right hand she held a katana.

         "In our world Espers are weapons. They are militarized." The woman started walking toward us slowly "Using your powers for the betterment of others? What a joke. You're just kids who don't know what your getting yourselves into."

         "You're wrong!" I spoke aloud. "You're not going to scare me with you mindgames. Now tell me why you're attacking us."

         "Like I said, Espers are weapons, and you're up for grabs." She spoke coldly. "The telepath and the girl are useless so we can just kill them, but you two would go for a nice price."

         With that she striked. She lept at Kate and Sarah, but I put up a wall to stop her.

         "That's a clever trick, Esper, but my Katana can cut through anything." She swung her sword and destroyed the wall of air in a single slash. She then lept for Sarah.

         "NO!" Totomaru shouted, as she swung for her neck.

         Sarah leaned back and dodged under the blade. She quickly righted herself and countered with her legendary right hook which sent the woman flying towards Totomaru. She landed a few feet away and he began copying her pose.

         "It's about time I introduced myself," Totomaru and the woman spoke in unison. "I am the Esper known as Mirror Image. My Esper ability is copying other Esper abilities."

         "Does she have Totomaru in his own Shadow Dance?" I ask.

         "Looks that way," said Sarah "She looks tough but she's totally telegraphing her attacks."

         She's just standing there with Totomaru stuck in her Shadow Dance. Is she waiting for us to strike back?

         "I think she's waiting for us to attack first." I said.

         "You're probably right" Sarah replies "Why don't you go first Ryushi, I'll back you up."

         "Got it."

         I want to get rid of her troublesome sword, that way she can't neutralize my defenses. If she's distracted with Totomaru I can use the Flicker technique to get it to Sarah.

         The Flicker technique is a telekinetic technique designed to transport a person or object from one point to another instantaneously. It looks like teleportation but in reality I'm just moving an object from one location to another fast enough that it can't be seen.

         I begin by focusing on where the sword is and where I want it to go. I need to be precise in this case. If I overshoot I'll hit Sarah. If I undershoot Mirror Image could get the sword back.

         I grab the sword with my telekinesis and almost immediately Mirror Image breaks the shadow dance and the flicker fails. She's copying my ability and stopped it.

         "NOW!" I yell.

         I lunge toward her front and Sarah has her Flank, as long as I distract her Sarah should be able to get a hit in. As a get near she takes up a defensive pose with her sword and I hit a barrier of solid air. Looks like she knows my tricks as well.

         "Use Shadow Dance now, force her to copy your ability" I tell Totomaru.

         She stops and focuses on Totomaru. She's going to attack! I cast a shield around him, but she swings her sword and cuts it open.

         "That old trick won't work any more Esper." She gloats at me.

         In that case I need a new trick.

         "How about something a little more solid" I rebute.

         I form a wall from the concrete floor in front of him as a last defense. She cocks back her arm and swings, but her sword jams into the cement.

         "What's wrong?" I taunt her "Don't tell me concrete is your achilles heel."

         She lets go of the sword and and swings for my face but her fist slams into my shield making a sickening crunch. She definitely broke a few knuckles. She reals back in pain.

         "Go for her sword while I have her distracted" I tell Sarah.

         "Got it" she replies.

         "There's a problem guys, I can't keep this up for long." Kate interjects.

         "Don't worry, we're rapping this up" I assure her.

         Mirror Image tries to use Shadow Dance but I use my telekinesis to propel my fist into her stomach knocking the wind out of her and dropping her to the floor. Sarah quickly runs to the sword and rips it out of the cement.

         "Now she can't coun-" I try to say.

         It seems Kate reached her limit. She's collapsed against the wall. Totomaru runs to her side to make sure she's okay.

         With Sarah to her back and me to the front we have her surrounded. I begin thinking about the battle we just had. A few things didn't make sense to me.

         "Your Copycat technique has some major flaws" I begin "Firstly you can only copy one ability at a time. While you were copying Totomarus Shadow Dance you couldn't listen in on Kates telepathy. If you could you would have known of our sneak attack. Secondly you can't fully copy my own ability. It seems to somehow be linked with your sword. The only time you succesfully used it was when you channeled it through that blade. What is with that blade anyway?"

         "That blade has the property of cancelling out other esper abilities." Mirror Image explains "That's how I broke through your shields."

         "That doesn't explain how you channeled my power through it." I say.

         "I can channel your ability through it because it's class three." She says reluctantly.

         "What the hell does that mean?" I demand an answer.

         "You don't even know what classes are? I knew you were dumb but I didn't realize you were that stupid." She taunts. "There are three classes of Espers and each class works fundamentally differently." She explains "Your friend with the possession ablity, the telepath girl and myself are class two while you're class three. Class one Espers can only use their powers on there own bodies, class two Espers can use their powers on other people and class three Espers can use their powers on their environment. Telepathy works by relaying a message from one person to another so it's class two. See what I mean now."

         "So you're telling me that swords an Esper?" I ask incredulously.

         "Bahahaha!" She laughs aloud "That's a good one." She pauses and gets serious. "That sword was artificially infused with it's properties from another Esper."

         "How the hell does that work?" I ask.

         "Damned if I know. It just does." She shrugs and she says this. "Anyways this is all beside the point. What you really need to know is that you're in trouble. Your little 'Esper Club' got the attention of a lot of bad people and this is just the beginning. If you had any sense you'd pack this all up and skip town."

         "Like hell we will." I was furious at her suggestion. "We are the Esper Club of Oak Dragon High School and we're staying. If anything your miserable attack just made us more determined to be here."

         "Listen!" She yelled back at me. "I'm not joking around, the people who are after us are relentless."

         "I don't give a damn if the Queen of England's after us," Totomaru chimes in "we spent too damn long trying to form this club and we won't let you or anyone else destroy what we've made."

         Mirror Image grits her teeth and looks at the floor.

         "Try saying that when they come for your family." She says coldly. "Do you think I want to be here fighting you?"

         She stops for a second and listens to her earpiece. Who the hell is giving her orders? And what did they do to their family? Her shoulders droop and she drops her head.

         "They say you'll be much more co-operative if you knew what we were capable of." She says almost robotically as she raises her right hand straight out to her side.

         BOOM! Suddenly another sword appears in Mirror Images hand.

         "You don't know what real pain feels like." She goes on in her detached tone. "If you knew what was at stake you would quit this pointless struggle."

         With that she lunges towards Kate and Totomaru. Sarah cuts her off and they lock blades. I take Mirror Images flank blocking her in. Sarah lunges back to make some room for her next attack. Mirror Image raises her blade over her head and makes a big slash down. Sarah skillfully dodges to the side, missing the blade by mere centimeters and counters by stepping forward and plunging her blade into Mirror Image's stomach.

         Blood trails down the edge of her blade and drips down to the ground. Everyone in the room was in complete shock, Sarah included. Mirror Image's sword falls and clatters to the ground as she and Sarah fall to their knees. After a brief pause Mirror Image crumples to the side as all life escapes her.

         Suddenly Mirror Images body shimmers with a blinding bright light. I cover my eyes and face away. After a few seconds the light slowly fades and finally dissapears leaving nothing but her old sword behind. Even the specs of blood on Sarahs shirt were gone. Every trace of Mirror Image had been erased.

         "Where did she go?" Totomaru asks.

         "It's probably some sort of teleportation. Most likely by another Esper" I explain as I recall her words.

         'That blade has the property of cancelling out other esper abilities.'

         "Her sword stayed behind because Esper abilities don't work on it" I finished.

         "Oh. Well, why'd they teleport her away?" Totomary asked.

         "No evidence" I say succinctly.

         Sarah was obviously shaken by the incident and sat on the floor staring at the same place where Mirror Image's body laid, just moments ago.

         I walked over to where Kate and Totomaru were.

         "Why don't you take care of her, you're her boyfriend after all." I whispered into Totomaru's ear.

         Totomaru put on an annoyed face but had no complaints. I crouched down to check on Kate. Looks like she passed out from over-exertion.

© Copyright 2015 Weeaboo-kun (weeaboo-kun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2051900-Some-shitty-Weeb-story-I-wrote-long-ago