*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052422-I-Want-To
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #2052422
Something I just had to rant about.
I want to be a policeman. Not necessarily to defend against crime, (I realize it is necessary, and very much needed), but to NOT be feared when I'm nearing someone on the street. To be a symbol of hope instead of a symbol of fear, racism, or hate. I despise how my country is currently a place, where, if someone with dark skin is walking across the street and see an officer of the law, FEAR strikes them. That's cruel. That's awful. That's a terrible way to be, and I don't want them to have to be that way. I want everyone to be viewed as the same, needless deaths prevented, and racial matters tossed entirely out of the window. I want to start a Gay/Lesbian "Purification Camp" or whatever they call it. NOT to "cleanse" anyone of their "disease" (sexuality, not disease), but to be there for them, not to berate them or make them think they are "wrong" or "sinful" I'm personally not religious, but I find it silly that people who are different are literally sent away because their family cannot accept them. Think about that. That's a sad, messed up sentence. People have FAMILY who refuse to accept them, because of their sexuality and how they were born. That's sickening. I know that, to these two points I've made, there are obviously exceptions. Good-natured police officers and loving families, who care not what sexuality their child represents. But, the other side of the argument is still apparent, and I want something to be done about it. I know one person cannot make the difference, and that this post will most likely find no light of day, or meaningful thought, but I had to say something, because regarding these two topics, what's happening right now in my country is absolutely appalling.
© Copyright 2015 TotalMirror (totalmirror at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2052422-I-Want-To