*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057031-Depression-and-Suicide
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #2057031
Very rant-like and unorganized. Serious topic.
Depressed people can be happy. Just because your thoughts are dark, does not mean that all of your life is dark. They can life. They can smile. Really smile. Does it last? Absolutely not. Is it a phase? No way in hell. Do people consider it one? Damn right.

To anyone who is someone that says depressed people are weak, pathetic, trying for attention, etc. You're right. They are. That's not an insult (from me, at least), it's goddamn fact. They ARE weak. Weak from everyone treating them like shit or straight up ignoring them. Pathetic in their own eyes, not worth a damn to anyone. And they are definitely calling out for attention. But not for the reason you labelled them to do it. Because they need help. And they don't want to say it. But how dare you judge someone in that position. In a position where they want to end their life. You deserve a lot worse than you'll get. And I hate you. And they hate you. But not as much as they hate themselves.

If you see someone with cuts anyone on their arms or legs, multiple in anything that looks different than actual claw marks, talk to them about it. They will brush it off. Not to hide it because they want to die, but because they genuinely think it will burden you to try and help them. Or because they think they're so far gone no one could try to pull them back. Interrogate them. Pester them. Until you know it's either for sure not self harm, or until you know it is. They need your help to stay alive. Give more than 100%.

If someone is always nice to everyone else, but sometimes looks sad, don't brush it off as a bad day on their end. Or just a lousy mood. Depressed people help others. It's what they do. Because they know exactly what it feels like to be alone with no help and no care, and they wouldn't dare let anyone else be put in that situation.

Depressed people are some of the best people on the planet. Because they legitimately care about people. But if they don't feel like anyone cares about them, they'll want to say goodbye to the planet. But no one notices. Until something dramatic happens.
© Copyright 2015 TotalMirror (totalmirror at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057031-Depression-and-Suicide