*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054591-Duct-tape-can-fix-anythingprompt
Rated: E · Other · Family · #2054591
Thoughts prompted by the writing prompt:duct tape can fix anything. Almost anything ...
Writing prompt: Duct tape can fix anything. Almost anything...

I remember the old Ford that you had when he first got sick, and how he'd always taken pride in the car you drove. The sadness that I felt actually outweighed my fourteen year old's embarrassment over riding in the old thing. That his love would ride in the duct taped car...

I can still remember how every time he went to the door, he would lean you backwards and say, "so long for now, lover!"

Oh, how I wanted to be loved the way grandpa loved you! How terrifying it was when his body and his mind was shredded by the monstrous disease or MS!

Oh duct tape can fix almost anything...


ALMOST... ANYTHING!!!!

Oh, if he could've been, if your broken heart could've been!

Grandma, if could fix your heart, still broken. If I could, I ALMOST would!

And spared you all of those years of nursing him, even after he'd forgotten you.

I ALMOST WOULD

Except I saw that great love, and it made me want that love, and so I found HIM.
AND IN THE END, DUCT TAPE CAN'T FIX EVERYTHING.

IN THE END, IT's only LOVE.
© Copyright 2015 Lexi Conne (chloe2t at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054591-Duct-tape-can-fix-anythingprompt