*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060805-The-Profile-Pic
by akshay
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2060805
His sister sets him up for a date
"What do you think, she is good right? Please be nice. "
"There? Have you reached CCD? She must be there by now."
"There?Did you even check ankita's profile or not?" asked his sister on whatsapp.

"She's still got those innocent eyes" he thought looking at her new profile pic and smiled a bit.
It was after months he had logged into his facebook. All those years flashed before his eyes, the way she laughed, the way she cried, the way she got angry.

"Bro let's be practical, at 36 we can't wait anymore. You've got to make it work now." another message comes in from his sister. He hesitantly starts typing "Ank" in the search box but then pauses in the middle.

"Couldn't find the profile. Not feeling well. Won't be able to make it. Sorry." he replies back to his sister and asks the cabbie to turn around.

While the cab took a U turn, he sat there staring at Riya's pic captioned "weekend getaway with hubby". "Yes, she still got those innocent eyes" he thought to himself.

"I can't go against my family, I am sorry." was the last thing she said 8 years ago, and he had said "Okay".


True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you. -- Barbara Johnson





© Copyright 2015 akshay (akshay89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060805-The-Profile-Pic