*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061692-Minor-Character-No-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2061692
Brief introduction to Hazel Wheal
HAZEL WHEAL’S INTRODUCTION


Hello, my dear. My name is Hazel. I hear you want to learn a bit about me. Well, cover sit over by here and let me tell you.

I was born in a mining town in South Wales. It’s name? Oh, yes. Abergavenny. When I was born (a long, long time ago now) coal mining was the only profession for the men who lived there, so that’s what my father worked as. Now, do you want to know about my brothers and sisters? Is that right? Well. I have an older brother, Albert, and an older sister, Minnie. Then, I came along, then there were two more girls born. Elizabeth and Joyce. The three of us had to share a bedroom, know? But we didn’t mind. You just got on with it in those days. You didn’t expect to get everything handed you on a plate.

I married my Dennis when I was nineteen. We had 43 wonderful years of marriage. He died eighteen months ago and I miss him every second. Our son, Stephen, lives in London with his wife, Portia. I’ve got two gorgeous little grandsons; Albie and Ollie, but I don’t get to see them very much because they’re so far away. They grow up so fast.

But don’t have yourself feeling sorry for me, my dear. I have some good friends, I go to a senior club and I play gin rummy with my friends. I keep myself busy. My poor next door neighbour is lonelier than me, I think. His wife died a few months ago. He seems to be coping, from what I could see. But the last few days I’ve heard him talking to himself. If I sit in my conservatory, with the door open, I can hear bits and pieces of what he’s saying. He sounds desperate, that’s for sure.
© Copyright 2015 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061692-Minor-Character-No-1