*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062401-Success-and-Inspiration
by ZDeppe
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2062401
I go over the basic things about motivation.
Believe you can and you're halfway there.
- Theodore Roosevelt


The overwhelming majority of the world see the universe in black and white. As if people wore a blanket over their head that did nothing but shield them from the brighter part of Earth. This blanket is like a padlock. You can go as long as you need wearing it but eventually someone or something will break open your lock. Most people want to just "survive". Surviving is when you are barely able to make your car payment or rent etc.. Most people are perfectly fine with this. I don't want to "survive". I want to thrive, I want to be the best. I want to be remembered hundreds of years past my time as someone who changed the world.



Every single year, over a million high school students drop out. That is basically a student every 20 seconds. Yes, you heard that correct! In the time it takes someone to tie their shoes, about 3 students have dropped out. Why is this? Some would argue that bullying is a huge reason. Others include teen pregnancies, and others as simple as not liking school. I feel like I might get a bunch of hate for this. Personally I think no teen should ever drop out. I also believe school is very flawed. Some students feel as if in order to learn they need to be constantly entertained. I'm deeply sorry to tell you, these are teachers not performers. Their job is not to entertain you, its to physically and mentally prepare you for the life ahead of you. Unfortunately, not every student gives there full undivided attention in school and when they enter the real world, most are lost.

You could make a argument that some of the greatest minds to ever exist didn't even attend school such as Thomas Edison. Those people all shared one thing in common though. They are reached for the stars and they had heart. School cannot teach heart. You are born with it, its not something you can practice. Heart is when you are determined, courageous and you let nothing get into your way.

People think success is something you can complete. I believe success is a staircase. Everyone starts on the bottom step. Who cares what you succeed besides yourself? If you want to help children then that's great for you. But if I ask you if it makes you happy and you cant tell me with a straight face then why are you wasting your time. Nobody cares what you do with you life. Nobody is going to hold your hand and guide you through the worlds obstacles. Its up to you to make a difference. All I ask is that you make it count.
© Copyright 2015 ZDeppe (zdeppe11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062401-Success-and-Inspiration