*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062511-My-Life-as-A-Growing-Man
by ZDeppe
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2062511
I break down my life and simplify it to inspire you
Let me just start off by saying this, my life has been full of crazy ups and downs! At certain points things appear to be going phenomenal and something completely falls onto my head and ruins it. I know what you may be thinking, this is not going to be a sad autobiography. I may touch upon rather depressing subjects but I assure you that the overall message is much more joyful.


I was born on the 23rd of November, 2000 into a rather odd family. I have dealt with obesity the majority of my life. School has always been a struggle for me because of this. By age 12, I weighed over 200 pounds. As you could probably tell I wasn't very active in Gym class and to be completely honest I didn't care. Personally I didn't care how people saw me and I still don't. By age 14 it truly hit me that while I didn't care how people saw me, I wasn't happy with myself. Secondly, it was in no way healthy as a average 12 year old boy should weigh roughly 93 pounds. I couldn't even do simple things like run or play sports. Then I learned about this motivational speaker on Youtube, his name is Eric Thomas. After studying his back story, I learned that his backstory is similar to mine. I guess this is why I was so drawn to him. He has taught me many things about life. He explained his journey to success. This excited me! I have never heard of someone who has as much self-confidence and self-respect as me. Then I set a goal to change myself for the better. I was going to erase how people saw me and more importantly erase how I saw myself. I am truly happy to tell you that my journey to self-happiness and self-success still exists today!


Writing has always been a gigantic part of my life! The sensation of being able to escape to a different universe where I call the shots is truly satisfying! This passion dates all the way back to my time in elementary school. I was asked to write a story using my imagination. We were just then learning the basics of writing, and it fascinated me! To my surprise, I began to really enjoy writing. Soon it wasn't just a chore I was forced to do in school but rather a hobby that was featured in English class. Earlier this year I wrote a 5 paragraph reflection on my time at my old school and why I truly loved it! I scored a 58 out of a possible 60 points and I was shocked. To my amazement, I was later asked to attend a ceremony and read my piece in front of a multitude of people including the mayor of Indianapolis! It was a honor to be featured at such a level and it is something I will remember for the remainder of my life.


In early 2013, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. This was truly devastating and heartbreaking for everyone involved! Seeing her as hurt as she was tore up my heart. My mother has been there for me my entire life and I couldn't stand to see her like this. I remember standing in front of my mirror crying my eyes out for hours. I soon fell into depression and I couldn't hold myself together. My school work began to slip drastically and my life seemed to be in a hole. Nobody at my school knew what was going on and I didn't bother to tell them. My mother eventually began surgery and had one of her breast completely removed. I still was pretty upset though. She was diagnosed with COPD and a type of stress and depression disorder. I eventually gained enough courage to tell people about my feelings and a lot of things eventually got 100 times better. My mom is currently doing a lot better and I couldn't be more blessed!

The moral of this story is that everything has a brighter side, it just takes a brilliant mind to find it. I encourage you to be thankful for what you have because not everyone is as privileged. Tell your closest friend that you love them. After you finish reading this go hug your siblings! Everyone is destined for greatness whether your moment is today, tomorrow or 20 years from now, just remember that its there! Throughout every tough thing you may encounter, there is a equally great thing out there waiting for you!
© Copyright 2015 ZDeppe (zdeppe11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062511-My-Life-as-A-Growing-Man