*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063010-The-Graveyard-That-Moaned
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063010
Cemeteries can be scary places at night - especially if you are afraid of then.

The Graveyard That Moaned


     There weren’t too many planets that still bury their dead. But there a lot of them. The planet of Glaivan is one of them.

     “I challenge you to go in there – tonight.” Teemic was standing next to Jasmina. They were in front of the Vallince Cemetery.

     Jasmina looked up at the sign above the entrance into that graveyard. Then at the old metal broken, jagged in areas, gate. “Why do I have to spend tonight in there?”

     “Because everyone at school is saying you are too afraid to do it – especially tonight,” said Teemic. “If you don’t do it that will prove them right.”

     “I’m not afraid,” said Jasmina. “I except your challenge.”

     Jasmina looked at Teemic. She didn’t see the big smile on his face as she entered the graveyard. As soon as she got in there she started looking at each grave one at a time. Jasmina was looking for someone specific. Not only did she have to spend the night there, but she had to spend it at a particular location.

     It didn’t take Jasmina long to find her sleeping place for the night. But it wasn’t hard to find it either. There was a skeleton sitting with its back bones against a tombstone.

     “Is that supposed to scare me?” Jasmina smiled. The smile suddenly turned to a shocked look in her eyes when a moan came out of the bonehead. “How did you do that Teemic?”

     It wasn’t just that head. The moaning was coming from all around Jasmina. “I don’t know how you rigged all this. But I don’t care.”

     “I also don’t care if everyone at school thinks I’m afraid.” Jasmina said that as she was running out of that cemetery.


The End?

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063010-The-Graveyard-That-Moaned