*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063588-A-Witching-Lesson
by Jen~
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #2063588
13 Days of Halloween Contest entry
Witch school is getting really fun! We are finally learning all the spells and potions that I have been dying to try out. Tonight's homework is going to be challenging but so cool. I have to turn a toad into a black cat, and not just any black cat, it will be MY black cat! My sidekick, my partner in crime, my witch kitty!

After super with the family, ugh my little brother annoys me, I head straight up to my room. My chamber as I like to think of it, even though it is not all dark and witchy colors, its totally girly colors, it is still where I shall improve my witch skills! Now that I am almost 18 this is my senior and final year of learning. I am hoping that I graduate at the top of my witch class!

Ok now it is time for this homework challenge. I take my toad out of my bag and place him on the table. I first have to make the potion to give him that will magically transform him into the perfect black witch cat for me! Eye of a lizard (eww gross), the wing of a bat, eye of a ghoul (those are hard to find!) and then of course the most important item, water! Gotta make sure we always use nice fresh water, I mean, who uses canned broth anyway? So I stir and stir, waiting for the eerie mist to bubble over the top of my kettle. It takes some time, I totally had enough time to watch Dancing With The Stars, love that show! Anyway, back to my potion, I do believe it is just about ready. Time to pour 2 tablespoons out, I know, all that for 2 tablespoons! I draw it up into a small dropper and head over to my toad who is still patiently waiting for whatever is next. I give him the dropper full of potion and stand back and wait....AND...POOF a cloud of smoke..cough cough...I start waving my hand around to clear the air and I see it, my witch kitten! Beautiful, sleek black and perfectly amazing! Except, I notice when it walks, it kind of hops...hmmm..what the heck? I rush over to my book and start rereading my spell, Oh MY GOSH, I forgot to add the tongue of a snake! My witch kitten has toad habits, what will my teacher say!!??

School the next day and I head into class with my kitten/toad in a carrier. I see that all my peers have carriers too and nobody is really showing off their kittens. The teacher rushes in all fumbling about, "I hope you all got my message yesterday that there was a typo in the potion and to add the snake tongue" Everyone's mouths dropped open, none of us paid attention to our messages! We were all to caught up in making what we thought was the perfect companion! Everyone opens their carriers and there are black kitten/toads hopping, jumping and ribbiting all over the class room. The teacher now knows none of us listened and waved her magic wand, POOF all the kitten/toads were gone and we all had our original toads back! "Let's try this again and this time READ everything before you start please!!"

Thank goodness she let us all have a re-do on this homework! Time to get home and get it right this time! Wait, where am I gonna find another eye of a ghoul? Oh no....here we go again!

Witching school is getting tougher I tell ya!~
© Copyright 2015 Jen~ (jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063588-A-Witching-Lesson