*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063647-The-Killer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063647
What happened to Panius. That's what they were sent there to find out.

The Killer


     A small shuttle was leaving Panius. And it was headed for a spaceship in orbit. On board that shuttle was Jaznam, Stevnova, Rotel and Bie. They were sent to that planet to find out what happened to the people there.

     Jaznam was a GraveDigger. He was looking at some ruins he found down there. “I found a lot of ruins down there. But I don’t think any of it will help us. All I can tell you is how they lived before whatever happen happened.”

     Stevnova was a Researcher. She was looking at something on her DataPad. “I didn’t find much in the way of Records down there. But I did find some. Hopefully, they will tell us what happened down there.

     Rotel was a Scientist. And he was looking over the results of some testing he had already done. “If whatever happened there was airborne I will find it. That’s true if it’s natural too.”

     Bie was the Assistant to all three. She had just come out of the back. “Everything is secure in the Cargo Bay,” said Bie. Bie then headed for Control. She was also the Pilot for this discovery mission too.

<<<<<*>>>>>

     What none of them knew was that they weren't the only ones on that shuttle. There two others. After Bie left. They came out of hiding. “I saw where she put it. All we have to do is destroy it before they realize what they have,” said the male Pual.

     They looked almost like the others on board. The only real difference between them and the others was they had pink eyes – and hair too. Pual's were lighter. But Wondi's were larger.

     “We can’t do that,” said the female Wondi. “At least not yet.”

     “Why not? As soon as this shuttle lands we can steal it and go back home,” said Pual.

     “What are they going to do when they find their findings destroyed,” said Wondi. “Not to mention what they are going to do when they find their ship missing.”

     “That’s not a problem,” said Pual. “We just kill them.”

     “We don’t have to kill them,” said Wondi. “All we have to do is make sure what they took is unleashed on their ship.”

     “You’re right, we don’t have to kill them. But if we aren’t here to kill them then why are we here,” said Pual.

     “Killing them isn’t the problem,” said wondi. “It’s what happens after they are found floating dead in Space. We are here to make sure no one else is ever sent to our planet.”

<<<<<*>>>>>

     Once back on their spaceship they decided to get something to eat – and some sleep. They could talk about what they found on their way back to Hammac.

     Jaznam was hungry. But he was more interested in something to drink. It was very cold down there. What he wanted most of all was something hot – and marshmallows. He loved them. “I could eat these all day. Oh, wait I do.”

     Stevnova wasn’t very hungry. All she wanted to do was get some sleep. “It was hard find those Records. It’s almost like they didn’t want them to be found.” She was thinking that on her way to her Sleeping Quarters. Once there she got nice and cozy. And it didn’t take her long to fall asleep.

     Rotel also wasn’t very hungry. He had what looked like some fruit on the planet below. “It tasted sweetly. That was the best way to describe it. Of course, I tested it first.” That’s what he told the others when they reacted to him eating something from Panius.

     Bie was the only one who was really hungry. It’s hard work being on three different sides of a planet at the same time. “Sometimes I hate being an Assistant. But it’s the best way to try different things before you decide what you are going to do with the rest of your life. She had to transfer what’s in the shuttle Cargo bay to the spaceships Cargo Bay before she can get anything to eat. While in the shuttle Cargo Bay she gets a fuzzy feeling. I haven’t gotten that in years.

<<<<<*>>>>>

     Pual and Wondi waited until all of them were asleep before they left the shuttle Cargo Bay. By the time they did it was too late. All four of them were dead. “She must have dropped it,” said Wondi. “But I didn’t think it would work so fast.”

     “Their body chemistry must be a lot different than ours,” said Pual. “What are we going to do now?”

     “We are going to do what we were sent here to do,” said Wondi. “And that’s to make sure no one ever comes to our planet ever again.”

     “You switch out what he found at the ruins,” said Pual. “Isn’t that what he called it?”

     “While you do that I will take care of the samples and the Records,” said Wondi. “We will both take care of The Killer.”

     “It’s a good thing we can’t die,” said Pual. “But isn’t that why we were sent on this mission.”


The End?

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063647-The-Killer