*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064385-Ground-Shakers
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2064385
They have to take out the Ground Shakers - before they can destroy the Transports.

Ground Shakers


     Xantan looked through his One Eye at the compound below. A One Eye looked like a thick pair of glasses with a protruding single eye in the center. “They are getting ready to leave. If we don’t attack now they will get away.”

     Assia was lying flat on top of a mountain next to Xantan. She also had a One Eye on her head. “It looks like they are loading up the last Transport.”

     Adjusting his One Eye Xantan saw the compound up close. “They are leaving three Ground Shakers behind. Those large machines can crush anything in their path.”

     “I can see where those Ground Shakers came in from. No wonder we didn’t see them until now.” Assia also adjusted her One Eye. “It looks like they crushed several turtles. At least I think that’s what they were.”

     “That’s not all they crushed. I can see the Ground Shakers also crushed some dandelions too.” The path the Ground Shakers made was on the far side of the compound. And beyond that was another mountain – with a large path down it’s center splitting it into two mountains. That’s how the Ground Shakers got in without being seen by Xantan - and Assia.

     “We can take out the Transports when they come into range – if those Ground Shakers are taken out first. Contact the Flyers. And tell them to destroy those Ground Shakers.

     Assia contacted them. There were ten. And they flew over the Ground Shakers. Once over they dropped what looked like small metal balls onto them. When those balls hit a loud explosion vibrated the area. There were fifty balls. So destroying the Ground Shakers didn’t take long. The Transports were no trouble to destroy either.


The End?


The Word Count, including this line, is 299.
© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064385-Ground-Shakers