*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064407-Haunted-Happenings-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2064407
Part one of a series of stories loosely based on my experience at a haunted house.
My balcony stood above the crowd of plastic faced demons and the slobbering zombie actors lurching and galloping amongst excited sweating guests nervously chittering and squealing at chainsaw toting clowns. Clouds of red and blue smoke swirling through trembling knees and stumbling feet.
Crumbling pillars of yellow and vines stood as a welcome to all of my guests. Well before they built this structure around my home and long, long before this new crowd came to be scared by the servants my mother and I enjoyed a much smaller gathering of... patrons...

He...he was glorious.

I saw his red and black tattoos rippling across his arms his chest expanded so full and strong when he bellowed and cackled with the costumed imps and horrifying clowns. My tongue scraped slowly across my single white tooth at his thighs peering from tatters in his jeans.
His hair sharp and short shone beautifully in the dull light of the smog filled lobby, my hands flexed yearning to pull them across his scalp. My dark eyes widened and my lips split into a grin as his eyes looked right through me.
My dark heart fluttered, it spasmed painfully.
But alas, woe to my feeble blackened heart, he had his “Type”. Standing there blue roses topping black thorned stems splayed across her slender thigh, disgusting yellow tatters streaming out of her ridiculous flat brimmed hat. Shorts desperately small strapped to her sharp hips.
I watched him stagger to her and looked up at the decayed ceiling as they begun to flirt, he acting all “macho” and strong amidst the fabricated carnage and terror, she childishly giggling and gawking towards his arms and shoulders.
My veins began to pop in my hands as I tore into the railing, I watched him bend down to her ear, his tongue nearly touching her lobe whispering something I’d searched for for years. Jealously my eyes ignited as deep a crimson as the blush on her cheek, sinking her face into the oily locks across her sweating brow.
I hated her.
My gut churned in and out of the hole in my stomach, fingers wrapped around my temples in utter annoyance. As they came nearer and nearer to my porch I thought to myself, “I haven't had a decent costume in a while... She seems to be the right size.”
So as they came to the door of my fun house, I stepped back into the door behind me and strutted down the stairs, the heels of my shoes sliding into the pitted and rotted wood as I went. Groups of threes and sixes moved past me huddled and whimpering.
Smelling a mixture of urine and cologne, I watched a man, six feet tall with a beard to match clutched at his pants waddling to the wall waiting for his group to help hide his stains, while growling and cackling haunters circled around him taunting him and laughing as he closed his eyes and walked away.
I stood in my parlor and looked at the decaying furniture, couches rent in half, chairs missing legs, all surrounded by inconspicuous closets and doorways hiding ghouls and zombies.
The furniture was morbidly stained with dark spots of blood, some real, some not. I chose the one closest to the doorway and sat down crossing my legs, the dress I wore long but tattered with what now hung like fringe sparsely covering my knees, which stuck out green and proud.
They walked in. Well shuffled cause of her miniscule legs. I will admit foolish and simple as he seemed for being smitten by such “floosies”, he was a gentleman, he shuffled with her, hand hovering around her back, “protecting her”.
She yelped as I cackled loudly, her stubby greasy fingers grabbed at his chest in fright. And he laughed! A small deep chuckle gurgled out of his lips as he put his fingers lustfully onto her back.
My eyes set fire, my temper fuming in my bosom making my breath hot and quick. I followed them out of the parlor into one of the hallways, carpet shaggy and spotted, slats in the walls stood like ribcages saluting me as I stalked them. Paintings and obstructed doorways watched us walk past.
One of the staff had set up a strobe light and made our movements short and choppy each step a small jump forward. Normally there was a series of haunters that would leap and growl and howl scaring the guests but at the moment they were switching positions with another shift. We were alone.
I spoke some tainted words and my dress, what was left of it, caught fire, from my flaming chest I screamed out the words letting her see me, only her. She turned around beady green eyes blinking in the strobe fixed on my form as I rushed her.
I always thought it was the nice thing to do to let my suits see me coming.
She squealed in paralyzing horror as I leaped at her, grabbing her tares of blonde weeds, I spun her body into the wall and walked into a doorway dragging her neck and scalp first through the broken door. “Mr. Almost Right” sprinted down the hallway panting heavily from the sight.

Her mind emptied leaving me room to step in.

Another series of ill placed words let me split her jaw and open her chest enough to step in her frame about to her hips. She was smaller than I’d expected, it took a couple more verses until i was able to snap her hips and crack her ribs for enough room.
I slid into place but noticed her arms bent awkwardly, palms of her hands touching the elbows and shoulders instead of each other. Outloud I thought sarcastically, “Silly thing I put it on backwards! OOPS!”
Shrugging twisted shoulders I staggered out the doorway I’d made with her broken scalp, following Mr. Almost Right giggling and gurgling with my new voice.
I didn’t have far to go, just the end of the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. But it took me a while to get there cause in my haste I’d also put her feet and legs on the opposite way, each step snapping tendons and I’d rolled each ankle until they had snapped. So I more hobbled and drug myself down the hall. I used to be so careful with my suits. This one was special however.
Gurgling and panting through stretched cheeks and torn lips I brushed reddened hair from my splintered brow. He clutched the statue of my distant aunt bracing himself up from falling over in panic. I couldn’t believe it but i smelled fear and paranoia coming off of his breath and wafting off of his pants. He’d been so strong before but i guess it was all a game.
All of my past affection was completely wiped away as he whimpered at the sight of me. I wonder if it was the petals on her leg was now sprinkled with drops of crimson dew from my hips?
Or was it the arms and ankles twisted and snapped?
Or could it have been I was laughing my head right off the stem?
© Copyright 2015 Steezrat (steezrat96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064407-Haunted-Happenings-1