*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067768-An-artist-defined
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Drama · #2067768
My daughters first art show
A beautiful girl, standing like as a statue, hardly being able to breathe, waiting in anticipation for her creations to be witnessed by all. Acknowledged by the few people who mean the world to her, her mom, step dad, boyfriend, brother, and sister all by her side no matter the adventure she partakes in. Her clan, are like the wallpaper in whatever building, room, or scenery she emerges herself in. In the back of her mind, she thinks “her dad” should be there. Deeply saddened and disappointed once again by a boy who is so consumed with himself and his own feelings that he doesn’t realize the importance of her accomplishments or the excitement with which she brings to each creation. Someone once asked me if a father can be a dad? My answer is NO! A boy can father a baby, but it takes a man to be a dad. This beautiful girl realizes with each passing day that the disappointment this “boy” creates is weakening with time. As the years go by, the “boy” old and grey will be filled with loneliness. He will ponder with such regret the once was. The beautiful girl lost forever, never to return to the “boy” wishing he was a man, only to be in hopes of being called “dad”. The beautiful girl will live on strong, creating, expanding; a true artist in every sense of the word. Claiming with such great passion of her true expression as her “wallpaper” engulfs her tightly with proudness and love peeking around every corner.


© Copyright 2015 boos3kids (boos3kids at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067768-An-artist-defined