*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069073-A-Bargain
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JKS
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2069073
Written for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with the words bicycle, magnet, broom
"I only have this one", said the merchant, "This one's 50 million".
"What!", I screamed in despair, "You're kidding me, right?", I looked at the broom in front of me,
a sleek beautifully carved masterpiece. I looked around for another vendor which was immediately noticed.
"You will find no other in reachable distance", he assured me with a grin.
My hands went to my face, rubbing my eyes, "I can give you 20".
"Look", he gestured, "It has a special compass with a Kronberg magnet. I can go no lower than 40 million.", his hand stretch apologetically.
My mind was racing, "28 million 500 thousand", I tried which was the exact amount of all my savings.
"35 and we have a deal", he showed his teeth in a wide grin displaying several gold tooth.
This was not good, not good at all. Lives were at stake for Gods sake! Was this the end then?
Then it hit me, "Tell you what.", and I pointed to a nice looking bicycle leaning against a wall further back, "I'll thrown in that, and 28 million.", I brought my hand forwards, "Deal?"
The wrinkled, Indian looking merchant leaned forwards as if to get a better look at it, "Deal.", he shook my hand while looking me in the eyes.
"If you'll just sign here and here", I did as he told and got a receipt.
"Have you used one before?", he asked curiously.
"You betcha.", I told him and grabbed the broom, getting to my feet.
The world was in danger and so I started running.
Behind me I could hear the merchant shouting, "Fly safe! Come again!"



© Copyright 2015 JKS (jeks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069073-A-Bargain