*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071869-Dear-Me
by Jen~
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Self Help · #2071869
Dear Me Contest entry~Letter to myself about goals and plans for 2016
Dear Me,

The past year was one that was full of so many ups and downs, that I know you felt like you were on a roller coaster most of the time! Losing dad right before Thanksgiving was the final straw to a bad year, and I know that you are still trying to deal with the pain of it. I think we both know that this is something that will always hurt, you will just get better at dealing with it as time passes. Thank goodness you signed up for WDC in September, it truly has turned out to be a life changing move on your part! Being able to be here and be a apart of this amazing family has proven to be one of the best choices you have made in life thus far. You have learned so much, you have grown as a writer, and have been inspired to improve even more. You have also made some of the most amazing friends that truly have become such a huge part of your life. Friends that have made your life better!

Jen, I want you to take all that you have learned this past year, into 2016 with you. You have gone through some major life changing events and while some have been hard lessons, you have become stronger from them. I want you to make 2016 a year that you finally start working on YOU! You live life helping others and taking care of everyone and everything, never taking much care of yourself. We both know that your health is not the greatest and that you need to make some changes for the better in order to BE better! Mentally AND physically! It does not mean that you have to stop being a caring and helping person at all, it just means that you need to do things for yourself as well.

It is a lot easier then you are probably thinking! I want you to set a goal for each and every single day. No, I do not mean sit down with a calendar and write out a year of daily goals or plan it like that. What I mean is each day, or even the day before, make a goal of something you want to do for that day. Wait..did you catch that one Jen? Something you WANT to do! That could be anything from taking a hot bath, writing a poem, organize a closet or drawer, do laundry or even just get out of bed. Your goal does not have to be anything major at all, it just needs to be something that you chose that you want to try and accomplish for the day! I think the best way to learn how to do this for yourself and to get started, is to do the "Give It 100" and give it your all! Allow yourself to commit to 100 days of this new daily goal and see just how much it helps, what can it hurt right?

Jen, make 2016 not only the year of improvements and changes but also new beginnings. Go ahead and get the spare room set up the way YOU want it, start working on flowers or crafts, or whatever makes you happy, and just DO IT! You really should just GO FOR IT and you may be surprised how things turn out. You will never know though unless you try, and if something ends up not working out, SO WHAT! As long as you tried and did the best you could, then you still accomplished your goal! Never give up and never ever think if something doesn't work out the way that you thought it would, that you are a failure.

You have been wanting to write your books for over 12 years now, don't you think that maybe it is time to start that now? What do you have to lose? What you have wanted for all these years is to get these wrote, because you feel in your heart that they can help someone, right? Well then, what are you waiting for woman? You know they will take a good amount of time to do, so make 2016 the year that you take that first step and start them! Get them started...don't expect to get them done...but please, let's start them!

Keep working for and towards becoming a preferred author! It will happen if you keep working hard and you want it for yourself!

I want you to continue to push yourself to write outside your normal writing style and try new things. You will never know what you can write if you don't ever try!

Remember that no matter what, this year is all about new beginnings and trying new things. Pushing yourself for that one small goal a day! No matter how small it may seem, it is still a goal that YOU make and that is what is important. Don't let the down days I know that you will have, discourage you in this journey. Sometimes you will stumble, and you may even fall a couple times, but it is getting up and carrying on that counts. The good days will eventually outweigh the bad ones, and one day you will realize that you walked this path and journey with strength and pride in yourself!

You know that your Dad is proud of you and that he loved you beyond words. He will be by your side always and will forever live in your heart and memories. Each step that you take in life, forwards or back, he will be with you, encouraging you and supporting you.

Life is how YOU make it, and everything happens for a reason! 2016 CAN be whatever you make it Jen, so try your best, never give up and work hard!

Live~Laugh~Love~ Never forget!!~

Love,
Yourself



1082 Words


© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071869-Dear-Me