*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076646-Witness-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2076646
I can't believe what had happened. Now I'm trying to escape from an angel of God.
Chapter 3

Escape


"Aria! What's happening?!" Adrian was shielding his face from the immense power radiating from me.

Her hand still in my chest, Aria was struggling against the massive force of the power as it roared from the center of my being. "It's that power! I can't contain it! The aetherial concentration is too strong!"

A loud roar filled the room as they were buffeted by strong gusts of wind. Suddenly I broke through my bonds. I could move again. Following the prompt of God I continued my escape.

Break down the door. Leave this place.

Not having any better ideas I looked at the door and shouted, "Break!" The door flew off its hinges out into the hall.

When my bonds were broken, Aria was forced out of my chest and a few steps back. When I made a run for the door she tried to stop me. On a reflex I yelled, "Back!"

She was forced up against the back wall of the room. Adrian made an attempt next. "Break!" I shouted again. This time I directed it at the floor beneath him. The floor gave way to the floor below and he went down. It was honestly a lucky break. I just wanted him to lose his footing and trip. I had no idea we weren't on the ground floor.

Without hesitating I ran through the door, still in my hospital gown. I ran through the halls and found a locker room. I rummaged around and found some discarded scrubs. They were probably thrown away with good reason though I couldn't see any, but beggars can't be choosers.

After changing I briskly walked through the hospital halls hoping I could escape before I was found by those two. As I walked through the halls I quickly noticed how the walls were lined with hospital beds all filled with the injured and broken. Then I saw that they were all dressed similarly in what must be uniforms. "This is a military hospital. Am I in a warzone?"

As I kept walking briskly through the hospital I finally made it to the the first floor entrance. I was almost home free. Then something grabbed me by the right sleeve. I looked down startled and I saw a young man lying there who looked like a lion with a snake tail and scales on his underside but the first thing I noticed wasn't his appearance. The poor man had a gaping wound in his chest, was covered in 2nd and 3rd degree burns, and it looked as though his eyes had been burnt out of their sockets. I couldn't believe he was even still alive.

"Help...me," was all he could say before he dropped his hand.

I was about to turn and leave the building when I heard God speak again.

This boy's name is Ryan. He is 17 years old. His mother is a widow and still has three younger children to care for. Without him they will surely die.

"I don't understand, God," I said quietly. "Why are you telling me this? I'm not a doctor."

.....silence. I sighed, knowing what God expected of me. "Damn it," I muttered to myself. I turned back to the boy and placed a hand on the hole in his chest and I began to breathe slowly, focusing on that warmth inside my chest. Letting it build within me and spoke, "Heal."

I felt the warm light within me leave through my breath and follow the guidance of my spoken word as it entered Ryan. I heard him gasp and I remained focused. I watched as his wounds slowly healed and closed. The most amazing part was watching his eyes regrow from their destroyed state. When the healing was finished he looked up at me for a moment before he passed out, I'm guessing from exhaustion.

My task finished, I made my way to the exit. I heard commotion at the nearby staircase as those two came barreling down looking frantically for me but by then I was already walking out the doors.q
© Copyright 2016 Silver Fang (metzesea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076646-Witness-Chapter-3