*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077404-The-Dark-Witch-Sarai
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2077404
The little witch Sarai decides to turn from a white witch to a dark witch
Sarai was an ordinary white witch born in an extraordinary family of powerful white witches. The family business, on a daily basis, handled powerful incantations of healing, expelling, summoning and protection magic. The old wizard couple were delighted to discover they were expecting twin girls, but they weren’t prepared to learn that their little Sarai wasn’t going to be as magically powerful as her twin or themselves. It didn’t matter how had she worked training her magical powers, her twin sister Beth always seemed to surpass her. Every single spell was so easily conjured by the prodigious witch, while Sarai had to work very hard to achieve a somewhat similar level of success.

“Why does she has to be so perfect?” Sarai thought when her sister just managed to do the accursed spell within her first try. Her parents where cuddling and appraising their prodigious girl. Moments like this always managed to fuel the constant hatred and resentment that she felt towards her own twin sister, Beth.

“Sister look, I manage to create the white orb!” Beth ran, recreating the orb for a second time, to the other side of the room where her twin sister still tried to make the spell work. “I can teach you how to do it, if you want to!”

Her sister’s bright and hopeful smile was too much for Sarai. “I hate you so much…” And she ran to her bedroom and looked the door behind her.
“If only I could just destroy you…” Sarai hissed with venom at her absent twin. Traitorous tears filled her eyes and the need for revenge burned harder within the depths of her soul. “I could finally get my parents love…” And at that moment, she made a promise to herself. “I will destroy you, Beth… I swear.”

One day an old and very dangerous dark witch crossed Sarai’s path. Her cold gray eyes froze Sarai right on the spot. It felt as if she could see the deepest places within her soul. “Vengeance… my favorite crime.” The old witch smiled cruelly. “I can teach you how to become the most powerful witch to ever live, and I can even teach you, how to destroy your enemies’ soul… Tell me darling, are you willing to be my apprentice and to follow my path into the dark arts?” And so does Sarai’s road to perdition began.
© Copyright 2016 Mari P. Pousa (mppousa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077404-The-Dark-Witch-Sarai