*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078833-Archangel-Raphaels-Tears
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2078833
A battle to acquire a very powerful healing potion.
“If I have to destroy the whole maiden order to get the Archangel’s Tears, I will...” I shouted at their leader, the infamous Green Witch. The intoxicating feeling of adrenaline bumped within me as I swung my sword cutting through courageous maiden flesh just to prove my words. My army of several thousand men moved through the Archangel Raphael’s Temple killing without mercy the few hundreds warrior maidens that devote their lives guarding the temple. The smell of blood, the war cries and chaos only increase my satisfaction as their number continue to reduce at an alarming speed. “Give me the potion and maybe I will spare your life, Green Witch!”
In the middle of the room, between duels and clashing swords, the Green Witch stood looking at me. I felt her emerald eyes bore into me as if she could actually see the depths of my soul. “It is our duty to protect the Archangel Tears...” She produced a shining silvery dagger “And we will die doing our duty if that’s what it takes!”
I manage to grab the dagger by its hilt before it hit me. It took me several seconds to realize that a green liquid oozed magically from the blade; the dagger was poisoned with a very dangerous mix. “Be careful with the knives, they are poisoned!” I shouted to my men, even if there were very few maiden still alive.
I charged my sword at the Green Witch and we began this sort of odd dance attacking each other and, at the same time, avoiding each other attacks. “Why do you want the Archangel’s Tears?” The Green Witch threw magical orbs at me.
“I need to save my daughter!” I shouted swinging my sword several times trying to corner her against one of the temple’s stony walls.
“You don’t really care about her”
“That’s not true!” I roared with fury and manage to impaled her with my sword. “Ah, traitorous King...” She smiled at me, blood sipping from her mouth. Her green eyes clashed into my own brown ones. “…You will never choose your daughter’s life over yours!” And suddenly, I felt a hot white pain right through my abdomen before her body went slack. I drop the sword and the witch’s limp body fell with it; She stabbed me with one of her poisonous blades.
I entered the room that had the Archangel’s Tears, grabbed the healing potion and drank it without much thought. My heart felt heavier after that; I had to recognize that the Witch was right and I didn’t choose my child…
© Copyright 2016 Mari P. Pousa (mppousa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078833-Archangel-Raphaels-Tears